Fourth Peptide Injection This Morning

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Mikie, Feb 24, 2012.

1. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I immediately felt better and my mouth was filling with saliva and my eyes were watering. My Sjogren's symptoms are a bit up and down but I usually only have one moderate flare between shots instead of constant burning and sores in my mouth. Arthritis in hands and wrists is still gone.

My last injection didn't seem to do anything much for me. I was no worse but seemed no better either. The shot felt "dead" when I got it. The shots usually burn and then produce a secondary burn in a few minutes. That one didn't; today's shot did. My doc told me some shots don't seem to make a diff.

I have been on the go most of the day and that's a first on injection day. Feeling well. It's really too soon to say much but I'll let y'all know how it goes. My neighbors and friends have noticed a big change in my since I started the shots.

Thanks, everyone, for all your kind good wishes, prayers, hugs, etc. It means everything to me that I have such caring support here. I hope my experience will provide annecdotal info for our members. Of course, we are all different but, at least for me, these injections seem to be healing. We know they are not snake oil treatments.

Love, Mikie
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

If anything I said helps, it makes my being here worthwhile. I would ease your suffering in any way possible. When I've been so sick it helped just knowing that others here don't judge and could empathize with what I was going through. When all is done possible physically, the challenge is to keep from slipping into negativity. I'm no Pollyanna so I couldn't make lemonade out of lemons but I found I didn't have to. If I just decided to go into a neutral zone, it kept me from getting so depressed. The neutral zone is where we go when we meditate. It's a place where we don't have to judge or worry. All we have to do is exist and try to relax. It takes a while to master but it can really help to get through the worst of things.

As I mentioned on the CC board, I was on the go all day and didn't shut down until 3:00 this morning. I didn't want to double up on my Klonopin so I just read and watched TV until I finally slept until 7:00. I have just relaxed all day but am not feeling exhausted but just tired. My beloved Nate Berkus is on at 3:00 in the morning. Poor guy. I loved his show.

Still, not too much to report about the injection but I can certainly feel it working. I don't know how much better I'll feel at the end of the year but even if this is as good as it gets, it will have been worth it. I have that sense of well-being that I had with the earlier shots. Saliva and tears are running as needed, no arthritis nor FMS pain, and, except for lack of sleep last night, the bone-crushing exhaustion is gone. I'll post more when I have something to report.

As always, I hope you are feeling better.
    Love, Mikie
  3. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

This is amazing - I'm so glad for you! I didn't know that your previous shot felt "dead" when you got it. It's all good information to have.

I hope to follow in your footsteps soon (I see Dr. Gruenn again on March 6).

I can't imagine (well, actually I can!) how this progress must make you feel in terms of having some hope of getting your life back. I don't dare have any hope right now - I've been sick too long and have been shot down too many times before (like so many here), but am just trying to stay neutral and open-minded about the peptides.

With you having such good results, it makes me think there must be so many people this therapy could help - I hope this is just the beginning!

Best wishes,

Mary
  4. deepak

deepak Member

Hello all :)

Loved your neutral zone teaching, Mikie. Yes, that is the essence of meditation I guess - acceptance and doing the best we can with the cards we have been dealt. No attachment and no aversion to anything - that is what our hindu philosophy teaches.

Mary and leah , how did your tests go ? Did you get them done yet ? :)

I have added serrapeptase to the nattokinase and magnesium I was taking and though its just been 5 days I seem to feel a marked difference in my pains and body discomfort. Though its still too soon to say I am loving the serrapeptase.

Love to all,
    Deepak

5. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Sorry I didn't get you answered right away. I got interrupted and things got away from me. I am so very excited for you. I know exactly how you feel. Before I started the injections, I had some real bouts of doubt, mixed with tentative hope and a bit of fear. After I recognized these feelings and gave them their due, I just let go of them and decided all I could do is try. I'm so glad I did and I hope and pray yours go as well.

I hope many of us can get helped by this treatment before Big Pharma here gets ahold of the formulas. As far back as 2000, it seems the govt. has been trying to find how this works and get it into studies and approved for illnesses. As expensive as it is to pay for these myself, I'll bet if Big Pharma gets them, the cost will skyrocket. Even if some ins. pays for it, mine probably would not.

Good luck and keep us updated.

Love, Mikie
  6. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Yes, so many of what we in the West call New Age healing comes from Eastern philosophies and practices. When my daughter was only a child, she had asthma. She learned how to go into the gray zone to relax so she could breathe. Of course, she had meds but the zone really helped her.

Glad you are getting some good results already. Keep us updated on your progress.

Love, Mikie
  7. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

I see the cardiologist tomorrow, and will see what tests he orders, so won't have results probably until the following week, when I see Dr. Gruenn again. I really don't think the problem is my heart, as that would not explain the delayed onset fatigue. But, Dr. Gruenn is covering all the bases so that's good.

I am really glad to hear you are "loving" the serrapeptase! That is great. I read about systemic enzymes a year or two ago, and how they could help some people with pain. There have been some posts on this board about it.

I think we are all sort of like lab experiments, and the ones I see make progress (like Mikie) are those who are willing to try new things and research, and just keep trying. The regular doctors just don't have the information we need. I hope you contine to improve!

Best wishes,

Mary
  8. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

I will keep you updated.

Yes, and I'm sure most insurance would not pay for this if/when Big Pharma gets its hands on it. None of the things that really help me are ever covered by insurance.

I hope your improvement lasts!

Mary
  9. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Hope all is well with your heart. Dr. Gruenn sounds like a very competent doc. I hope your shots work. Today, I'm tired but not exhausted. I'm glad I didn't go into this with any preconceived notions about how the shots would work. Some symptoms have been banished from day one but others will come back now and then for a small flare. This isn't exactly how progress was described to me. I've actually done better than expected but it just isn't linear progress. You may be different. I just hope and pray it works for you.

Love, Mikie
  10. Forebearance

Forebearance Member

I'm really glad to hear that this treatment is doing something for you, Mikie!

Forebearance
  11. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I'm very tired but think it's due to being back on my BP meds. I need to talk to the doc about it. Everything else is much better so that's good. Thanks for your kind words. Appreciate it.

Love, Mikie
  12. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

Hi Mikie - well, I came across this one after watching Dr. Oz. It is an ayurvedic herb called forskolin. It is supposed to help lower BP, as well as helping with several other things. I found it very interesting because it's supposed to help lower ocular eye pressure involved in glaucoma, which runs in my family.

Anyways, you might want to look it up. There are several references, just google "forskolin blood pressure". It just seems that there's got to be something you can do to get your BP down without getting so tired! That would be so frustrating -

Take care -

Mary
  13. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I actually have moderately high pressure in my eyes but not Glaucoma. Mom had the same thing but never developed Glaucoma either. This sounds good. I'll check it out.

I really appreciate your help. Hope you're doing well.

Love, Mikie
  14. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Of course, you are right. I have to control the BP. Before I got sick, I was a jockette and kept my BP down with aerobic exercise which raised my heart rate to the target area so at rest, my BP and heart rate were ideal. It was only after I got sick and could no longer work out that the BP went up.

Mom had moderately high BP too. One of my daughters and I take after her side of the family.

Hope your flare is better. I empathize so much with what you go through. Take care.

Love, Mikie