Fox News segment on CFS/M.E.....link below.

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by balletdancer74, Nov 15, 2006.

1. balletdancer74

balletdancer74 New Member

Hi Everyone,

Below is the Fox News segment w/ Dr. Rosenfeld on "CFS" (M.E.) and how it's a REAL illness and not a mental one. As I said in a previous post from yesterday, while I like Fox News, I plan on writing into the show as there were several discrepancies with what was said. Certain "facts" need to be cleared up. :)

Click on the URL below to watch the video:

http://www.foxnews.com/video2/launchPage.html?111206/111206_fnl_housecall2&Sleeping%20Problems&FNL_Sunday_Housecall&Diagnosis%20for%20chronic%20fatigue%20syndrome&Health&-1&Sleeping%20Problems&Video%20Launch%20Page&News

Sorry I couldn't make this into a double click link. Just copy and paste the good old fashioned way. lol

To better health!
    LB32 (Leeza)
  2. butterfly83

butterfly83 New Member

Well at least doctors are finally catching up with us and agreeing that its not in our heads. That gives me hope for a little understanding for all the people struggling for diagnsosis.
  3. Dixie_Amazon

Dixie_Amazon Member

Dr. Manny has an article up too.
    http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,227417,00.html
  4. Gothbubbles

Gothbubbles New Member

This actually made me angry.

Most of these cases clear up? My butt!

Most of them clear up with bed rest, exersize and vitamins? Yeah right!

It's pretty clear he's just a puppet of the buerocracy and hasn't actually spent much time on the subject of CFS, nor with any CFS patients.

I'm so mad right now.

Now we'll see people saying "Oh, I had chronic fatigue syndrome too! It really made me tired at the end of my work week, I had a lot of muscle pain while I worked, and it made it hard for me to go hiking on the weekends. I cured myself of it after a year by drinking lots of water and doing light aerobics"

People like that DO NOT HAVE CFS. But because of this kind of BS you'll get people thinking they have what we do, and wondering why we're so lazy and haven't tried hard enough to get better like they did (even though they never had CFS in the first place)

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
  5. balletdancer74

Hi,

Before I posted the link, I posted that a segment was done on Fox News about "CFS" (cringing again as I write that inaccurate acronym!). I said that while I usually like Fox News, I have a few issues with the Dr.'s comments. Like you, I got so worked up when he said that (I have his quote somewhere) most cases clear up on their own. What?!?!? Yeah, right! I'd like to know ONE person who has REAL M.E./CFIDS who just got better from rest and some vitamins.

I also didn't like how he used the term "chronic fatigue" which as I always say is an adjective and a noun which describes "a" symptom of MANY diseases....

There are a few other problems I had with the segment which is why I've been working on a letter to send to them. I won't let them get away that easy! *grin*

To better days...
    Leeza
  6. California31

California31 New Member

I've rarely found this doctor very informative...but glad there was some ok info in his report. I got ahold of an O mag..that has a long piece on CFS...Sept. 2006. ..just gave it a quick read....mostly about the struggles....Seabisquit author....and few others...I'm new to this site...are there some who are both FM and CFS..diagnosed, not just one or the other. I know there's a lot of overlap..Thanks.
  7. balletdancer74

Hi and welcome,

I read the O Magazine article from Sept. It was ok but nothing special. Nevertheless, at least the word is getting out there. It focused too much on "fatigue" which doesn't even begin to explain how we PWMEs (people with M.E./CFIDS) feel.

To answer your question, yes, a lot of people have both FM and CFIDS/M.E. even though they're separate illnesses.

Personally, having both is a catch 22 and much more difficult. Nevertheless, we're all different.

Keep coming back as this is a great group. I still get confused as how to return to messages or find ones that were posted to me, so if you write back, and I miss your post, please REpost. :p

Hang in there...You WILL feel improvements with patience, perseverence, being your own best advocate, trying things one at a time and having a good medical team and support system.

To better days,
    LB32 (Leeza)
    [This Message was Edited on 11/20/2006]