Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Rosiebud, Dec 8, 2006.

1. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

got back from my 4 day visit to France on Wednesday and I'm crashing big time.

Flights were fine, small planes which really freaked me out and TGV, the fast train, from Paris to Lille was brilliant. I hadnt been there for 16 years though my 'French family' have been over here a few times.

France still beautiful, great food, lovely buildings, lovely people, expensive.

It was great seeing my ex-husbands family again, his Mum is so happy even though she's terminally ill.

Only managed into city centre of Lille once for a short while, it's a beautiful place, wish I'd had the energy for more.

Glad to be back in Scotland though, into my pjs and my porridge for breakfast instead of those delicious, fatty, croissants (they really do taste different over there).

2. paulmack

paulmack New Member

Hi Rosie,bet you're glad to be back in the freezing cold of Scotland.Really glad you had a good time in France,& let's hope your body recovers quite quickly,
    best wishes.Paul.
  3. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

Glad you were able to visit your ex's Mum- I'll bet she was happy to see you.
    It is always so great to get back home after a trip- I know how you feel.
    I went to Paris once and even had some "fatty croissants"- they were delicious!
    Welcome home.