Freaking out, I'm shrinking

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Didoe, Mar 27, 2007.

1. Didoe

Didoe New Member

Can anyone suggest any theories or medical reasons why I have shrunk almost 2 inches this year?

I have degenerative discs, but this seems extreme. I forgot to mention this to new rhuematologist but it might explain some of the terrible pain I've been dealing with all over, aside from the FM

ideas ideas?!?!?
  2. happycanuk

happycanuk New Member

Could be from Osteoporis or could be from the discs. I would sure mention it. I take it you have had a bone density test in the past. You don't say what age you are.
  3. Didoe

Didoe New Member

Im only 53 (feel 103), my mother lived to 84 and didnt have a dowagers hump and didnt break anything.

Think a density test for sure, never had one and none of my docs suggested it, and come to think of it you would think one of the 'geniuses' might have sugested it considereing all the pain I take meds for.
    I couldnt believe it when nurse took my height. I'm so fried I didnt even bother to argue or recheck, but its all I've been ruminating about.

That seems to be what I'm doing for the last couple of weeks...it's like I dont have the strength to 'get into' anything with anyone, I just mull things over silently

Today at work colleagues came in for decisions, I told them whatever they felt was best, is best.
    Great new management style I've developed.
    [This Message was Edited on 03/27/2007]
  4. dixie22

dixie22 New Member

I found out at one of my last dr visits...one of my legs has gotten shorter then the other...I to have DDD in my neck ...??
  5. clerty

clerty New Member

I used to work in a hospital and people always argued about their height but it is true!!!

Clertyx