fredt I'm doing chelation

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Catseye, Dec 22, 2008.

1. Catseye

Catseye Member

I saw your response to the "excellent article on chelation". Apparently, somebody misreported the facts surrounding the death of a child with autism and wanted to make it sound like chelation was the culprit when it was, in fact, a drug error. Here was the article you posted:

I am doing chelation for heavy metals. It is quite difficult after the first 2 weeks and I am having some additional tests done to see if we can find out why it isn't so easy for me and hopefully, that will help us be able to make dietary and supplement adjustments to ease the path. I'm not using any drugs to do it, just herbs (spinach, mulberry and beet), enzymes, MSM and minerals.

As far as I can tell, if you have over a certain level of heavy metals, you have to chelate them out because the body has deposited them throughout the body and is unable to remove them by itself. The medical profession seems to only be interested in them if they are at a high enough level to cause immediate problems that they can identify, not chronic type problems.

I don't know enough about EDTA but since it's used by the medical profession I can only assume it has serious side effects and that they are much safer and more effective options but since they aren't FDA approved (which means the doctor and/or drug can kill you legally) they won't be considered. A medical doctor would be the one to use EDTA since it's a prescription medication so you know it can't be all that great.

I came across an interesting website's article the other day. It was a skeptic website and they claim to be skeptics about everything, but they are quoting medical studies and seem to be assuming that they are right on about everything because they are based on "science". Even though it's biased science, and they are supposed to be skeptics, they are buying into everything the medical profession tells them. It was very telling about the hold the drug industry has on everybody. I don't think most people are capable of sorting it out for themselves, they have no real incentive to.

oops, gotta go, my massage guy is here!
  2. Catseye

Catseye Member

I had to stop the herbs again because they were making me feel too bad and I have a couple of projects to do and I can't deal with it right now. I'll be doing the DNA test in a week or so and then we'll know more about how to handle it. I know they have to be dealth with. If, or rather when, I kill all the bad bacteria and fungi in the gut, they will come back if the metals are not removed. It's all part of the process and I'm doing it all right the first time so I don't get any nasty surprises later on and be forced to call it a "remission". I'm going for the whole cure and it's not all that far away anymore.

I'll probably be getting the metals tested in the middle of chelation when I attempt it and can keep on it. I could probably suffer through it after my projects are over with, and I will if I have to, but it just has to wait for right now. Nothing can be worse than the dying torture agony I went through before, not even heavy metal detox. It's uncomfortable, tiring and makes me very irritable and depressed, but it's still a walk in the park compared to what I went through the first few years. Thanks for the tip on the PectaSol, I'll look it up right now and put that in my notes. If the doc runs out of ideas or things to try that he has experience with, then I'll just have to try something else.

3. thecatswhiskers

thecatswhiskers New Member

I'm doing chelation ......... via suppository as it's slow (and goes at my pace lol!). Done 2 courses thus far, one of DMPS and one of DMSA. My levels went down considerably after the 1st course and I'm due to be tested again now as I've just finished the 2nd.

I have severe M.E and had toxic levels of mercury, lead, arsenic and thallium.

A slow process, but worthwhile I feel.

Hope that helps!
  4. JoFMS

JoFMS New Member

Hi All,

I am doing chelation following Andrew Hall Cutlers protocol. I have been doing it for 6 months so far and it has helped a number of things but I still have another 18months or so to go. He advises DMSA and ALA low dose frequent oral chelation after amalgam removal.

Be careful of harmful protocols - theres a lot out there that can make mercury toxic people sicker and as far as I know - ALA is the only substabnce that can remove mercury form the brain. his book is definitely worth buying - Amalgam illness as there is so much info in there for us.