Free Drugs From The Manufacturer

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by nancyneptune, Jan 26, 2003.

1. nancyneptune

nancyneptune New Member

If you are on SSD and make less than $18,000 a year, there is a program from all drug manufacturers to get your meds free. If you're married you can make $25,000.
    The prescribing doc has to send in the form. I can get my Mirapex, Paxil, Tenormin, eye drops, etc. All for free.
    I asked my neurologist to get the form for me for my Mirapex it costs $190 a month! I can't afford such an extravagant drug. He actually did it!
    I'm going to ask my psychiatrist to do that for the Paxil, it's the second most expensive drug I take.
    I got the info about all the drug companies having this type of program from here, it's true! Yaaay!
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

The doctors' offices have infor to start the ball rolling on free meds for patients who qualify. These are programs offered by pharmaceutical companies through doctors' offices.

Love, Mikie
  3. PAT

PAT New Member

This is excellent information! I have a family member who needs this so badly. I am surprised that docs don't tell the patients who obviously need this service. No, wait, I am not surprised, just aggravated.
    So, do you have to ask a doc for the form? Patti G
  4. Dara

Dara New Member

do you start out by asking your doctor's office about it or what? My daughter is on Topamax for epilepsy and she's not working so this could really help her. Any information would be appreciated. Can't believe these doctors don't tell their patients anything about this.

Dara

[ advertisement ]