Free from the demon...

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by DLsGroovyMoM, Oct 11, 2005.

1. DLsGroovyMoM

DLsGroovyMoM New Member

Ok so I am now offically 4days without demon...I mean diet coke. Sat/Sun/Mon were VERY hard...haven't had a headach like that in a LONG time. I have been water logging myself...I thought I pee'd alot before...dang you'd think I was 9months pregnante again.
    Now I just need to battle the cancer stick demon...fraid that is gonna be a much harder battle...one I have fought and lost soo many times already...why oh why was I born with an addictive persoanlity? And why of everything I could be addicted to why did I choose deit coke and cigs? I mean couldn't I have picked something fun like pot or pills or booze, I mean everyone eles in my family has? No...now that I have pills (few as they are) I find myself hording them (as someone posted recently) afraid to take them even when I need them. Not afraid I will become addicted b/c I just don't belive someone in pain the way we are can become addicted, it dosn't give us a high...just makes us more normal (sorta...sometimes). But hording b/c I am afraid that at any minute they are gonna be snatched away form me and I will have no choice but to be in horrible pain day in and day out again.
    But for now...free...free...no diet coke for me...now can I start feeling better...just a little bit...please...
    Amy
  2. jfrustrated

jfrustrated New Member

Congratulations. Congratulations. Your sense of freedom has kicked in and should kick in even stronger each day. I was so frightened when I decided to give up cigarettes. I smoked 50-60 a day and had smoked for over 18 years. I was terrified because smoking was part of being me. The wierd thing, though, was that people didn't notice I had given up!!! Haven't had a cigarette since 1987. Still feel like one sometimes but the sense of freedom and being in control is SOO great, even now. Take it one day at a time. If you relapse, try to start again - you will be so proud - and you deserve to be.

jfrustrated
  3. lauralea443

lauralea443 New Member

great job i know it's hard. Good luck on the smokes and don't beat yourself up if you fall off the wagon a time or 2

Blessings
    Laura
  4. shelbo

shelbo New Member

I'm not sure if it's true, but I just recently read on a site that it actually contains formaldehyde! So do cigarettes....amongst thousands of other chemicals including arsenic....type to give up the evil weed too, girl!!

Love Shelbo