Freedom of info act on Doctor's performance available?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by claudiaw, Jul 31, 2006.

1. claudiaw

claudiaw New Member

I just looked up 2 of my doctor's wanting to find out any background info, and all I came up with was a site that wanted to charge money for it.

I looked up my states medical board( Tennessee) and couldn't find my doctors'( one is a drematologist, gyno, and rhuemy)on there.

A while back ( tried search couldn't find) someone posted about how to look up your doctor.

Anyone know how I can do that?

Thanks in advance to ALL who respond, I appreciate your help.:)You guy's are great. I just can't research like I use to and need help.

Claudia
  2. angellwolffe

angellwolffe New Member

bumping cuz a want to know to
  3. FMsolider

FMsolider New Member

add me to the list who wants to know.
  4. claudiaw

claudiaw New Member

I guess i was wrong, no one else seem's to know.:)

I'm almost sure someone said it. Maybe I had a dream about it.:0

There has to be a way to check out ALL doctor's in ALL states free of charge.

I will keep trying, I'll post it if I find it.

Claudia
  5. suzetal

suzetal New Member

I did it a long time ago.Was searching for a doctor in my area and they give the list of doctors.Than there was a link for directions and patient revues .You can give it a shot.

Sue
  6. claudiaw

claudiaw New Member

I tried that, but will try again. maybe I missed it.;)

Thanks,

Claudia
  7. turquoise

turquoise Member

Hi Claudia,
    I live in TN. and use the website all the time. I assume you are talking about the same one. We can't post urls here or I would make sure it is. Does it have 2.state.tn.us somewhere in the middle of it? It's the one for the Dept. of Health.

Sometimes drs. that I know are listed don't show up. If you just type in the last name of the dr. and specify the state and what they are- M.D., D.O. , dentist, etc. sometimes it will show up when a full name with the city will not.

There is a free site on the AMA website, but the one I mentioned is so much better I rarely ever use it.
    I called the number for the state board one time and asked them about a dr. over the phone. They actually gave me out a lot of info. as to the charges against him!
    [This Message was Edited on 08/02/2006]
  8. turquoise

turquoise Member

9. claudiaw

claudiaw New Member

Thanks for the info.

Doing a search can take you from place to place and I just can't sit and type that long anymore.

I can't remeber what was in the title of the search I saw so many, but I couldn't access the info I wanted.

I will try again.

You both have good advice thanks.

Claudia
    [This Message was Edited on 08/03/2006]
  10. shelby319

shelby319 New Member

Maybe the little info I found might help you some.....

If you go to any site that your insurance company uses with your Dr., you can usually find it free there. I know I had trouble finding the same stuff out until my husband showed me how, when he happened to look up the new Neurosurgeon I have to see tomorrow as a matter of fact. And he was under the same insurance company that we have and will be using when I see him. It gave me everything, all the way down to any law suits against him, where he went to school, the fact that he also deals with FM and other related illness's. Just very informative!!!!

So, give that a try and see if you can find out what your looking for there...just type in your insurance company's name or website to it and all the Dr's that use your insurance should come up and with the info you want.

I hope this does work as well for you as it did for me!!

Good luck, now you have me curious too!!LOL!!
    Shelby