Freezing Feet-Is it Thyroid or what???

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by keke466, Jan 17, 2006.

1. keke466

keke466 New Member

I'm trying to get dr to test thyroid again and let me try something since they have lowered the results. Over the last few yrs. I am cold all the time. My feet are so cold I wear 4 pairs of socks to bed and still they feel like they're frozen. Could it be the thyroid or something else? Course I have some other symptoms too that I think might be related to hypothyroidism. What exactly should I test for?

Keke
  2. keke466

keke466 New Member

Would like to know what you think.
  3. intensemom

intensemom New Member

I had the same problem before I was treated for thyroid. With treatment it did improve. I am getting ready to start a bioidentical thyroid medication prescribed by the Detroit FFC(Fibromyalgia and Fatigue Center) and I hope it helps more!

Hope this helps!

Tracy
  4. tandy

tandy New Member

Extreme cold feet here!!!
    Mine are always cold. The only time there not is in the summer whe its above 75-80 degrees.
    My dr. called it Raynauds. (yup,..another DD linked to Fibro and CF) You can look that up and see if it sounds like you.
    I hafta use a heated bean bag just to get to sleep. I put it near my feet and it works great!! so great,..my kids always steal my beanie!! so I'll buy another to have on hand.
    Some have made their own beanies by using an old sock half filled with old fashioned popcorn kernals. Then you sew the end shut and you can heat it in the microwave for up to 2 minutes. Your feet will thank you!!! :)
    Hope this helps
    Hugs
    tandy