Freezing in NH

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by annetteg1969, Sep 7, 2003.

1. annetteg1969

annetteg1969 New Member

We are coming into fall here in Nh and I'm already dreading winter!My husband and kids don't want to move although I would love to.Does anyone else suffer in the winter time more than summer and if so how do you cope?Nh usually has very cold hard winters anyone else in NH with FM?I would love any suggestions Thanks AnnetteG
  2. Shirl

Shirl New Member

I am not in your area, but wanted to give your post a 'bump', so heres a bump and a 'Hi' all at the same time!

I am in Louisiana, but to be honest, the humidity/heat is awful in the summer, and the dampness in the winter penetrates to the bone!( which, compared to your standard of cold, its not cold but damp).

Hope your winter is not as harsh as you are expecting.

Shalom, Shirl
  3. hope-floats

hope-floats New Member

Get your thermals, fleeces, gloves and HATS. I live in CT...not as cold as NH, but too cold for me. I've been freezing since I was a kid. It appears to be from a hypothyroid. I also have Raynaud's Syndrome which is very painful and can lead to frostbite if you're not caraeful. I just can't wait to see what I feel like this winter with this fibro muscle & joint pain.

I have dreams of moving to a milder climate too. Maybe in 10 years...retirement!

For the time being...get out the warm and fuzzies!
  4. jadibeler

jadibeler New Member

All my life I suffered in the winter. Had FM all that time, too. It took me 50 years to get into a warmer winter climate and I'll just put up with the heat & humidity of East Texas, stay in the AC. It does get down in the 20's here occasionally but always pops back up within a few days. The very thought of snow gives me nightmares. My brother, on the other hand, is a compatriot of yours (Lyme) and he loves it. I can't believe we're related!

JoAnn

[ advertisement ]