fri for careballe needs prayer, starting to get rough

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by carebelle, Aug 10, 2006.

1. carebelle

carebelle New Member

I didn't sleep last night and I'm up very early.
    throwing up and sweating buckets .So I think the withdrawal of the effexor is starting to really take hold.

I'm still ok mentally Thank God
    Running to the bathroom every 10 min . I'm drinking lot of liquids
    but I feel exhausted and I think this is going to be my worse day off .This will probably be my only post today.

I think I stopped it three days ago. I'm writing a daily diary so others will know what its like to go cold turkey off effexor .My doctor told me to do this.My husband is home with me this week.

hope to post again tomorrow
    [This Message was Edited on 08/11/2006]
  2. CockatooMom

CockatooMom New Member

Am sorry to hear you didn't sleep last night, and worse that you are throwing up again ans sweating.

Continue to drink fluids. If your DH can go get you pedialyte that would be the best thing for you. Keeps your fluid and electrolytes balanced so you won't get dehydrated.

Keep hanging in there. It will be over soon.
    Wishing you a better day.

Hugs,
    "E"
  3. carebelle

carebelle New Member

I'm having a lot of terrible pain .in my whole right side of my body and my back. Some Dizziness. I'm not sure if its IBS or my FM pain it all runs together.

I'm also crying at the drop of a pin. Our air conditioner went out the second time in a month ,3 days pass warranty.

I think I will be in to the doctor on Monday morning .Or if this pain gets any worse I'm going to ER tonight.

I think I could get through the tears but this pain is sooooo bad. It's so frustrating when you have pain and they don't know why.And they dont know what pain med you need.
  4. findmind

findmind New Member

Lots of companies will honor a warranty if it goes out 3 days within expiration!

If you don't ask, they can't offer to exchange it for you, ok? ASK!

Otherwise, I sure hope this is the crisis day and you are much better by this evening so don't have to go to ER.

God, you've been thru so much.

We all care for you and hope this too shall pass and be done with!

Hugs,
    findmind
  5. libra55

libra55 New Member

This too shall pass.

I went off Effexor cold turkey too. Are you having a lot of zapping in your head? That was the worst for me. I also had the sweating and shaking. I had to stay in bed, in a dark room. I think it was a week before I felt normal.

You'll make it. Hang in there.

(((((Hugs))))))
    Michelle