frickly mycoplasma??

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by hensue, Jun 14, 2009.

1. hensue

hensue New Member

Thanks for the encourgement!! I am so sick of this, i was tested by Garth someone long time ago for mycoplasma and it was negative. Nickleson I think was his last name. How were you tested? By now my doc thinks I am a joke!! His whole office for that matter. To expensive to be jumping from doc to doc.
    How does everyone like the doc from florida?? Dr dantina I think today is not a good day can you tell?

Thanks
    Hensue
  2. frickly

frickly New Member

I was given a simple blood test for M. Pneumoniae and tested positive. It took me seven years to find this doctor and I am so thankful I did. Treating this bacteria made a huge difference and I am no longer in the terrible pain I was in before. However, this was not a cure but I am not giving up and still researching and trying to get my immune system working properly again.

I would get discouraged alot and just give up. Then my symptoms would get bad again and I would go to the doctor and get another useless blood test. When you are up to it I would do a search for a doctor who specializes in CFS.

Hopefully, tomorrow will be a better day.

Tale care,
  3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Dr. Garth Nicolson is one of the leading researchers in mycoplasmas. Did they do a PCR DNA test? It is the only reliabe test if the infection has gone chronic in the system. Even then, it's not all that reliable. False neg. results are often returned. When a test is neg., the patient is often given Doxycycline, or one of the other ABX which targets mycoplasmas, and the test is repeated. The half-life of mycoplasma DNA is only 24 hrs. If the blood is not carefully handled, or the test isn't done in a timely manner, a false neg. result is common. Dr. Nicolson has learned a lot since his early days of researching mycoplasma infections.

My insurance would never pay for expensive tests, but I knew it was a mycoplasma infection which triggered my illnesses full blown. My doc was willing to try Doxycycline empirically. I Herxed on the third day of taking the Doxy and then felt better. That was good enough for my doc and he had me take it until I could stay off of it without the symptoms' returning--2 1/2 years. I had downloaded everything I could find on chronic mycoplasma infections, written by respected researchers and doctors, and gave them to my doc.

Good luck to you.

Love, Mikie