friend and I need help

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by Adl123, Dec 7, 2004.

1. Adl123

Adl123 New Member

Hello,
    Pease pray for my friend. Her husband has lost his job for the 7th. time, and although she is always cynical and negative, when this happens she becomes very angry and hostile as well.

Even though I understand, it is becoming more and more difficult to try to be around someone who is cynical, angry and negative about everything (and I mean everything.)

The other day she turned her anger towards me and angrily called me names. I have been in abusive relationships before, and I feel that I should back off from associatiing with her for a while. I don't want to be unavailable to a friend who is hurting, but I don't know what else to do. I am upset after every time we talk, because I've been barraged with negativity and anger..

So I guess I am asking for prayers for 3 things - that her husband finds a job, that her pain is eased, and that I make the right decision . Any ideas?

Thanks,
    Terry

2. Lupian

Lupian New Member

she treats you. I'm sure the answer is no. That seems to give a pretty clear course of action, right? You don't have to be anyone's punching bag and that's how the relationship sounds.
    Seems like the husband needs prayer to learn how to keep a job, after seven times.
    Her pain will not be eased by inflicting pain on others - don't let her do that to you any more, for your sake and for hers.
  3. dash

dash New Member

The best advice I can you (and its not just a platitude) is to pray for discernment in this situation. When I've been in such stressful relationship situations, I have not always been called to respond in the exact same way with each person. Some people respond to tough love; some do better with gentle exhortation; some you have to cut loose and leave in the hands of God.

Take this issue up with the Lord and ask Him for the grace to
    walk in whatever path he leads you. I'll be praying for you.

God bless,
    Della
  4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

You are a good friend, but this person is toxic. I would say she is not really a friend but rather a needy and angry person.

I pray for her and her husband. Angry people are usually scared people.

If it were me, I would avoid this woman permanently as she can't be good for your health.

Praying for her is a wonderful way to be a friend to her and doesn't require you to subject yourself to her abuse. God bless you.

Love, Mikie
  5. Adl123

Adl123 New Member

Thank you all for your comments and suggestions. They have given me food for thought.

You are great!

Tery
  6. MIssAutumn

MIssAutumn New Member

I would pray that you receive wisdom on how to deal with this person. Sometimes God puts difficult people in our lives to help us and have us grow spiritually. He might just have you leave the relationship, but I would leave it in His hands.