Friend Is Obese & Has Fibromyalgia. Is that a factor?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by edmarfunstuff, Sep 23, 2003.

1. edmarfunstuff

edmarfunstuff New Member

My friend is obese and she has fibromyalgia also. Does her weight make any difference in her condition? Or would she still be in pain anyway?
  2. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Obesity is not healthy in any way, but it has no effect on the amount of pain you feel with FM. I have never been over weight in my life, I weight 120lbs now and was 100lbs when I first got FM (I'm 5'5").

When I am in a flare the pain is excruciating!

Her over all health would be better, but the pain would be the same. FM is no respecter of weight.

Shalom, Shirl
    [This Message was Edited on 09/23/2003]
  3. jadibeler

jadibeler New Member

My cousin was obese for a number of years - due to not being able to excercise. She has since lost a lot of weight and is fine for her tall height. She has had not change in her suffering.

JoAnn
  4. HURTSALOT2

HURTSALOT2 New Member

thanks to some of my Rx's. My pain was not any different when I was smaller. It hurts the same.
    HURTSALOT2
  5. libra55

libra55 New Member

I am obese (100 plus pounds overweight). My rheumy tells me it has no impact on my fibromyalgia. I do believe him but I'd still like to lose the weight. So many things you can't do when you're this fat. I used to love to shop for clothes and things but now I dread it.

Good wishes,
    Michelle