Friends Daughter found

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by bevy2most, Feb 24, 2008.

1. bevy2most

bevy2most New Member

Thanks, for all the prayers, the girl was found today, she had been staying in a home that was under construction. Thank goodness the weather here has been pretty good.

Her reasons for leaving or at least the story she is giving is that she was being tormented at school. Girls were bullying her all of the time.

The officer that was investigating gave her a stern warning, and said that if she runs away again she will be placed in a state home.

Again thanks for your prayers,

2. joyfully

joyfully New Member

Kids at school can be merciless. Can the parents afford to put her in a private school where she will stand a new chance to succeed?
  3. bevy2most

bevy2most New Member

I know that they are going to the school tomorrow to see what can be done. I am not sure about a private school. Hopefully she will be able to overcome these problems.

Thanks again,
  4. victoria

victoria New Member

So glad to hear she's been found!

A friend's daughter had bullying problems her freshman year in HS, and her parents spoke to the school principal etc. As it turned out she got her parents to send her to a private school sophomore year anyway as she dreaded going back, even tho it decreased she still felt uncomfortable...

but since she didn't keep her grades up then, as she was finally having a good time socially... she had to go back to public.

However, because it was on record about the bullying, she was able to go to another public HS. Of course, this was in a Chicago suburb where there were more than 1 HS... not sure how it could work if in a 1 HS town?!

But nowadays at least the administration and counselors take it all much much more seriously...

all the best,
  5. lgp

lgp Well-Known Member

Thank God she was found today. Now she can begin to work on whatever problems were bothering her. Thank God she's safe--truly prayers were answered.

6. stick2013

stick2013 Member

What most people don't know/understand is that this type of bullying can lead to PTSD. I strongly suggest that the parents get her into therapy as soon as possible.

Bullying can scar a child emotionally, mentally and it can be physical too. Please encourage the parents to seek out professional help for her....
  7. Janalynn

Janalynn New Member

That is great news!!!
    That poor girl must've really been hurting to run away. She must've been scared to death to be staying alone.

I do certainly hope all of her issues are addressed. I'm sure they will be.
    Thanks for letting us know. I'm so glad it was a good outcome.
  8. bevy2most

bevy2most New Member

I do believe in positive thought, thanks so much for all that have said prayers, and sent good wishes.
  9. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Well-Known Member

Her parents and family must be so relieved. That is such a scary thing. Yes, nowadays even more than ever I think children can be so cruel and bullying. They have no clue how it really hurts people, just to make their ego's feel great). It can hut people so badly they want to take their own life in some cases.

Yes, I hope the schools will help. Sometimes I think they tend to look the other way and the bad kids get of the hook. I saw plenty of it when my kids went to schoo. If the child is a strong one it ight not bother them to bad but someone else who already have lack of self esteem and other problems, it could be devistating.

God bless,