Friends: Please Help me Pray for my Dog Brinkley

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Elisa, Oct 1, 2012.

1. Elisa

Elisa Member

I would like to ask all my friends here to pray for my dog Brinkley. She is my everything. She knows all my stories - she is the love of my life. She is at the Vets in ICU. She is 12 yrs old.

I am battling to handle this and really need your help.

I was very sick last week - fever al all - and am mainly homebound.

Brinkley has taken such good care of me all these years with ME/CFS/FM - and my heart is breaking.

So I ask for your prayers and thank you so very much for every prayer you send up to God.

God Bless,

2. Elisa

Elisa Member

So grateful for your prayers Patti...

God Bless You,

3. Saoirse3

Saoirse3 Member

I know exactly how you feel. Though I am not Christian, but follow a Native American path, I hope you won't mind my offering prayers to our totem animal spirits to guide and protect your beloved Brinkley. And gentle hugs to you too, dear one.

4. Elisa

Elisa Member

I am so grateful for your prayers and your kind words - they are so comforting...

Blessings to You,

5. Beadlady

Beadlady Member

My dog Virgil and I are sending prayers for you and your pooch! I know how important our "Fur Kids" become in our lives.

Take care of yourself!
  6. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Prayers going up. Our beloved pets are like little angels in our lives. If you go to the Spirituality Board and ask for prayers, our prayer warriors will pray for you.

Love, Mikie
  7. little

little Member

I know what you are going through. I have two dogs, pikachu and two sox. The are 14years old. Both are sick. Actually I just called the vet and told her that I can't afford two sox's treatment. He is in early kidney failure. The meds would be 151.00 per month plus his grooming and pikachu can hardly get around because of arthritis,two sox too. It would be close to 275.00 a month for my dogs.
    I just can't afford that. I have been trying to bring myself to putting them down for the last 2months. I get very close to doing that, I back out.
    I don't know how I'm going to get through this. I have done this before ,it was very hard. It is hard to write this.
    Pikachu and I have been traveling from n.c to ny and to Florida for the last six years. We have spend winters in Florida. Two sox don't like truck rides. He stays home with the family. This year when I go, I will be alone.
    My pups have been very comforting over the years.
    It's sounds like you would understand how l feel. It is nice to know that I am not alone in how l feel about my pups. The family don't.
    My prayers are with you Elisa. Take care

Dog lover, Gail
  8. kbak

kbak Member

Our pets are our best friends!! My God bless and heal Brinkley and bring her back to your side quickly.
    Things will be better soon,
  9. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

Keeping you and Brinkley in my thoughts and prayers - she sounds like a wonderful friend and companion!

Best wishes,

10. I am so sorry you are having to go through this! I will def be praying for your beloved dog. We all know how few and far between our helpers and supporters are and how important they are to us and our health... whether that be animal or human... so my heart goes out to you. You can be sure I will be praying. Keep us posted on how Brinkley is doing. God bless you and Brinkley.

Blessings and Gentle Hugs,
  11. Elisa

Elisa Member

Hi Everyone!!!!

THANK YOU SO MUCH for all your prayers.

The ICU tells me Brinkley is up and, with help, able to walk a bit.

She has eaten and has not thrown up.

I am so thankful for your prayers.

I want to go see Brinkley today and am going to try to drive - it is 1/2 hour one way - and I worry I won't have the strength. I will pray all the way...

Thank you Thank you so much - I felt so much less alone with all your words of support!

God Bless you all,

12. chrissy12

chrissy12 New Member

I hope your visit with Brinkley was a healing one and that you found your beloved dog doing well.

They are our precious angels who spend so much time with us.

My angel, Chrissy, passed about a month ago. She was 16.

She was like your Brinkley; she had been through all of my hard times in life.

My prayers are with you and Brinkley for a full recovery.
  13. little

little Member

How is Brinkley doing today. Have you been able to see Brinkley? Please keep us updated. My prayers are with you and Brinkley every day.

BLess you both, Gail