Friend's Son Just Died

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Mikie, Jul 16, 2008.

1. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

My Mom's best friend, who has moved to Maine, just lost her grown son to adult Leukemia. She called me this afternoon. The funeral is tomorrow. My heart is breaking. This lady is 91 or 92. Like my Mom, she is soooo strong but I know she is still in shock. I am winding up on the computer to go pray for her and her family. I never met anyone who didn't think this lady was the nicest and sweetest woman alive. My Mom was like that and the two of them were like sisters.

Love, Mikie
  2. ksp56

ksp56 Member

I feel sad for your friend and her child dying. Parents are supposed to predecease their children. No matter the age. It is not the natural 'progression' of life.

Please know she will be in prayers, as well as other family and friends, including you.

God Bless,

3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Your kind thoughts and prayers mean the world to me. This lady is family to me in every sense of the word except biological. I just notified the neighbors in her and Mom's old condo bldg. We are a tight little community.

Again, thank you so very much.

Love, Mikie
  4. fibromickster

fibromickster New Member

My prayers are with you and your friend and her family. That is so so horrible to lose a your child before you leave this earth. I can't even imagine.

God Bless and Take Care Mikie

5. 1sweetie

1sweetie New Member

I am so very sorry that your friend has lost her child. We can never prepare for such an event. I will remember all of you in prayer.
  6. lilaclover30

lilaclover30 New Member

How heartbreaking. i am so sorry for you, this sweet lady, and her family. We just saw friends of ours lose a son from leukemia and we have seen the heartbreak of the lose of a son.

Gentle hugs to you and to them

7. ckball

ckball New Member

I am so sorry for your freinds loss, parents shouldn't have to bury their children. My thoughts, prayers and positive energy are going out to you and your freind. Hugs-Carla
  8. poets

poets Member

Praying for all of you.

9. sisland

sisland New Member

Sad!,,I'm Praying!,,,,Love Sis
  10. zenouchy

zenouchy Member

Dear Mikie

Sending you, and your mom's best friend and family love, prayers, peace and comfort.

Love, Erika
  11. springwater

springwater Active Member

Praying for your mothers friend to have the strength to endure this and come out strong

This lady and your mother sound like two beautiful lucky you are....

Once again my condolences to the dear lady

God Bless
  12. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

You words of kindness and prayers mean the world to me. This lady has a lot of faith and prayer is very important to her. One of our neighbors still misses her mother very much and when I called her, we were talking with such respect and love about the older women in our lives. They really were the Greatest Generation. They lived through the depression and WWII and learned to be strong but they never lost their sweetness. They set such a wonderful example for the rest of us. No wonder we cherish them so.

I made a small donation to St. Jude's Children's Hospital so that out of this tragedy will come a little help in fighting leukemia in children. I also got a beautiful sympathy card. Cards mean so much to older ladies. Evidently, her son was held in high esteem by many because there have been so many flowers sent to the family. They took them to the assisted-living facility where my friend lives. She said they are beautiful and are everywhere and much appreciated by the people living there.

Again, thank you all so very much. In times of pain, it's wonderful to know that you guys are here with so much kindness and generosity.

Love, Mikie