Friendships outside the Message Board?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Solaris_Starr, Dec 8, 2005.

1. Solaris_Starr

Solaris_Starr New Member

Hi everyone,

I'm just wondering if anyone of you here on this message board have ever taken your friendships outside of the board and continued a relationship in person?

Sandy
  2. lenaw70

lenaw70 New Member

No one ever seems to live near me!

Seaside Oregon

Lena
  3. Shannonsparkles

Shannonsparkles New Member

... for the housebound. I'm too weak to have visitors even, or do many e-mails or talk on the phone. Lucky I don't live alone, or I would never see another human being.
  4. atiledsner

atiledsner New Member

I know the message board has a lot of rules but I would put my e-mail address on if is o.k.I have notebooked all the people around me, the closest is about 1 to 2 hours away.I would still travel to visit some one on the board to create a new friendship.I just didn't want to post anything that would cause a problem.Anyone else have a suggestion?
  5. lenasvn

lenasvn New Member

on some other boards you can send a private message if you agreed to make your email available to board members. I made two new friends that way, although we're spread over the country. That option is not available on this board, however.
  6. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

whom I email and I guess they live about 45 minutes away from me in different directions. One left their email up accidently not knowing it was against the rules and I wrote it down. Then another person contacted her and I'll hear from her too.

None of us have met yet. I don't drive that far by myself anymore and I guess they don't either.

Now I know that one isn't allowed to put their email addy on the board, but you are allowed to exchange it in a private chat room here. I've never been in chat before because I have a hard time keeping up with the typing.

I would like to meet both of my email friends one day, though. Certainly have hopes of that.

Hugs,
    Faye

7. Countrymom

Countrymom New Member

I have met a couple of ladies on here at our Dr office at the FFC in Atlanta. I have some of their email addresses and it is really nice. It is so great to actually meet these wonderful people in person and get to chat privately too.

Dani