From Callum

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Callum, Jan 28, 2007.

1. Callum

Callum New Member

Okay, nine days later, and I missed the commaraderie of the chat board.

Sorry I pulled away, but I was burned out - and it wasn't just from what I saw happening on the board. I think it was trying to keep a lot of balls up in the air, with my show opening, keeping things running smoothly at home, being my mother's emotional support long distance.

But I don't have to take my toys and go home when I'm cranky... I can take a nap! Lesson learned...

A lot of you were kind enough to send along good thoughts, and so...

Nancy B - Thanks for caring!

Rock - How could I deprive myself of your brilliance?

1Sweetie - Thanks for the gentle hugs. See you back on the porch!

Karen - Thanks for the kind words!

Ken - I WILL bore you with my Academy Award predictions (I have to make up for being... what... 2 of 10 for the Globes? I think I win the trip to Rock and Gordon's!) And I think the movie club could be fun!

Morningsonshine - Is that a new pic in your profile? Is that you on the horse? What a beautiful animal! My parents bought a quarterhorse when I was in junior high. I was so afraid to get on that animal!

Mr. Dad - We all know what was in Al Capone's vault - what was left of Geraldo Rivera's dignity!

Annie Cromwell - Thanks for the note. They weren't my threads, so Prohealth did not need to notify me that they were removed. I completely understand why they were removed. I was just too tired to see words I had stayed up to write struck down. More sleep, less pain, and I would have shrugged my shoulders, you know?

Linda 139 - Film Club! Film Club! Film Club!

Carla-nl - Thanks for the sweet words, and especially for remembering Gary in your thoughts. That meant a lot!

Kim (botchik) Thanks for your words of encouragement. I shouldn't have been surprised by your response. You have been so consistantly generous in responding to so many people's posts - making everyone feel listened to!

Marta - My friend in Michigan! We have to stick together, don't we? Once a Michigander, always a Michigander (coined by Abe Lincoln, you know...) Your words were so kind!

Dona - "Bright bulb"?! LOL Why do I feel so dim, then? I know, it's this DD. Thanks for being so kind.

Barry - Such very kind words. Thank you.

Erika (Zenouchy) - of course I remember our chats! I enjoyed them very much, and missed seeing you on the board! Thanks for the kind words.

I hope I didn't miss anyone. Now, if you'll excuse me, I have a lot of catching up to do on my post reading!

Very Best,

[This Message was Edited on 01/28/2007]
  2. Marta608

Marta608 Member

You're back.

3. paulmack

paulmack New Member

Glad your back.You must have some Scottish/Irish connections with the name Callum,very popular Scottish name.

Liked your line about the Michiganders.What's good for the goose is good for the Michiganders,lol.
  4. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Good to see you, old boy. You're right about my brillance.
    I have a brilliant smile cause you are back.

Paulmack, took a gander at your post. Very funny.

Hoots, Mon.

5. morningsonshine

morningsonshine New Member

I knew you couldn't stay away from this group of wonderful people! We are just to sweet, and nice.

That's my big sister on that mare, Fancy. She's been burning up the areana with that horse and winning trophy's.
    I use to be able to do stuff like that, never quite has hardcore as her, she is extremely competitive. I miss riding by the seat of my pants tho.

Last time i got up on my horse, i felt like a little kid up for the first time, disoriented and unbalance. These DD just make everything more challenging. If you don't quit acting, i promise not to stop trying to ride when i can!!

I am proud, and jealous of my sis.

P.S. I love your new picture.
    [This Message was Edited on 01/29/2007]
  6. dononagin

dononagin New Member

Bright Bulb!!

I've taken breaks from the board more than once. It's hard to keep up with our lives with this dd. But at the same time it's really nice knowing we are not alone in the world with it.
    Just checked out the new pic in your profile! Hot!

7. boltchik

boltchik New Member

So glad to see you back! :) Thank you for your very kind response, it made me smile. You don't have to be sorry for taking a break, we all need to "regroup" sometimes. Have a fantastic day! Kim :)
  8. zenouchy

zenouchy Member

Hi Callum,

Great to see you. As for your leaving and coming back: I think you were practicing your dramatic exits for your play....and did a stellar job. BRAVO!! ;-)

Thanks for your kind words too. I come here in spurts, so I don't always know who remembers me from day to day.

Off topic, my dad was born and raised in "Chi-town" (as he calls it), and now that he lives in another city, he has to watch the WGN news on cable every night. He's a diehard Chicago fan--wonder who he'll root for in the Super Bowl?

Glad you're back. When you get a chance, I'd love to hear about your play.

All the best, Erika