from "i want to die"

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by marilyn, Oct 21, 2002.

1. marilyn

marilyn New Member

this is marilyn, Thank you all for responding so fast. I just feel so alone. I know there are alot of people with worst problems but I just can not seem to cope. I am seing one of the top rhumis in chicago. Dr. K. at st lukes. For one uear we have been trying all sorts of meds. Now I am on ritilin and vicodin and zanex. If I take the rit. I can function but the pain is bad so I take the vicodin and my nerves get hyped up so I take the zanex to sleep or to keep me from blowing up from getting no help from anyone. I have taken just about all there is out there. He is willing to try anything I want. I just want to feel nornal again. Do I have any other choices ? how bout natural? What should I take there is so much info on herbs vitimins and yeast and I dont know where to start. HELP PLEASE HELP
  2. marilyn

marilyn New Member

this is marilyn, Thank you all for responding so fast. I just feel so alone. I know there are alot of people with worst problems but I just can not seem to cope. I am seing one of the top rhumis in chicago. Dr. K. at st lukes. For one uear we have been trying all sorts of meds. Now I am on ritilin and vicodin and zanex. If I take the rit. I can function but the pain is bad so I take the vicodin and my nerves get hyped up so I take the zanex to sleep or to keep me from blowing up from getting no help from anyone. I have taken just about all there is out there. He is willing to try anything I want. I just want to feel nornal again. Do I have any other choices ? how bout natural? What should I take there is so much info on herbs vitimins and yeast and I dont know where to start. HELP PLEASE HELP
  3. garyandkim

garyandkim New Member

acid and grape seed and flax oil. The meds. we take a lot. The rit. have you asked about Provigil? Have you had a sleep study? If yes it should show Alphia waves in your sleep. These Alphia waves should only be around when you are awake. So we don't get restoative sleep. Maybe this will help your husband understand. Black and White.

Others will be along about the suppliments.

Take care and good luck, Kim and Gary
  4. Shirl

Shirl New Member

I just replied on your original post. Try the ZMA and the Melatonin along with the Xanax for sleep, it takes the ZMA about 10 days to really work, but my dear lady, when I go to sleep now, a hurricane could pass over and I would not even hear the wind blowing! I sleep at the least 7 to 8 hours without waking up, and if I do wake, I go right back to sleep.

I have had this sleeping problem all my adult life, even when I was a child I did not sleep well. But now I sleep.

Go read what I wrote, and you take care and give this a try, it sure can't hurt you!

Shalom, Shirl
  5. teach6

teach6 New Member

Here is what I would suggest. My doc also wanted me to try different stimulants, like Ritalin, but they just don't work for me. The may give me energy, but then when I try to rest in the afternoon, something I know I need to do everyday because I have CFS as well as FM, I couldn't fall asleep. I just tossed and turned. So I gave up on that.

Is the Vicodin helping with your pain? I use Ultram, but we all find we have different needs for this. If the Vicodin works, keep it, if not there are lots of other choices out there. If you haven't tried Ultram you might give it a try.

Sleep is so necesssary to break this viscious circle. I find the more tired I am the worse the pain and it just goes round and round. Many people here have had good luck with ZMA, which /Shirl mentioned under your other post. Personally, I use Klonopin and Trazadone along with Neurontin and Flexeril. Most nights I get a really good night's sleep. My dog sleeps in the room with me and one night she was apparently barking quite loudly (the only way she knows how) and I slept right through it!

There are some ideas to get you started. I always take a list of questions when I see my doc. It may include questions about different medications or supplements, or comments about how something is working, or not working. This is much a trial and error thing because we all react differently.

Take care, and you can keep posting under the same post. You don't have to start a new one unless you want to ask a new question.

Barbara
  6. SharonR

SharonR New Member

There is a Dr. in Shaumburg, Joseph Mercola
    check him out! He states that he does not want to see you on an ongoing basis, his agenda is to get you functioning as a healthy human being. I think you will be pleasantly surprised.
    I have been to your present Dr., and although very professional,unless you have Lupus you are an experiment.
    Smiles
    SharonR

[This Message was Edited on 10/21/2002]
  7. witsend

witsend New Member

Most pain meds I have ever tried, either did nothing for the pain... viox and celebrex, or made me loopy and speedy...codiene, vicodine, ultram. I once cleaned an entire basement on Ultram from 10pm til 5am, then collapsed for five days. My kids still joke about the cleaning medicine. But for over a year I have been on Darvocet for pain, two a day, and I do not get any nervousness or unpleasant side effects at all. In fact it does not give me any sensation of being high at all and I sleep well on it. It gets a lot of bad press about it's addictive qualities but I can't for the life of me figure out why. It still works for the time I take it so needing more and more is not a problem. And it doesnt give me the high distorted feelings and inability to sleep that codience, vicodine, and ultram did. And my pain is still in some residual remission from the 5 days of predisone I took for sinus inflamation about 3 weeks ago. But I am way past the point of being able to function as you put it. I can no longer work, and can only cook, clean or shop on an ALMOST nonexistant basis. I am too weak, too exhausted, and usually in too much pain. I didn't even remember what it was like to feel NORMAL until I had my predisone experience a few weeks ago and had 2 whole completely normal days. If you find something that works let me know. The only comfort I have is that I am not alone and if enough of us keep going to these doctors maybe they will come up with something to help us.
  8. Rain122865

Rain122865 New Member

you are feeling so bad, I get discouraged too and get to the point where I refuse to see any Dr's because I get so sick of the lets try this and this and this and nothing works. Makes me growl. Right now I am playing around with my "new" meds(every time I go they change something). They gave me 10 mgs of elevail for sleep and pain...well it makes me wake up every hour I stopped taking it BUT guess what it was helping with the pain ...found out the hard way so I cut thier dose in half to only 5 mgs and it seems to be working well for sleep and pain, I take Calan for my MVP and dont play with that one and also take valium for panic attacks and sleep, which the doctor has also let me adjust to what works for me. Sometimes its the right meds but just too strong or not strong enough. I also take up to 6000 mgs of Tylenol a day and up to 800 mgs of Advil a day when needed.Now if I could just get some energy?
  9. Rain122865

Rain122865 New Member

I worry about liver damage alot but this is what my rheumy told me to take. I do not take that amount every day but when the pain is bad, my liver on down the road isn't the first thing I think about. Just taking each day as it comes........