Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by marilyn, Oct 26, 2002.

1. marilyn

marilyn New Member

Thanks to all of you for all of the uplifting messages. It just makes me feel I am not alone in my anguish. I am so mixed up about meds and herbs, vitamins, triggger points it all is so confusing. Why is there not more research about this? My dr. really does not know where to begin, I can tell he is just guessing as to what to do. He is the head of a major hospital rhumatology dept, you think he could do or know more. I have another appt. for a fibro clinic in chicago this week but I know they think the problems surrounds yeast. Also they think people with fibro have thyroid problems that most doctors don't detect. I told them mine was normal but they said they have better tests. Why would not MY dr. have that test? Has any one out there heard of any of this? Does anyone one out there feel tension during falling asleep and all of a sudden you realize your all tense. I feel tense all of the time. My only relief is xanex. It makes me sooooo sleepy but does not keep me asleep. I have been on so many meds I just could write a book. I have prayed and prayed I do not think I will ever feel good again. I feel like my life is over and this is just a slow death. marilyn
  2. marilyn

marilyn New Member

Thanks to all of you for all of the uplifting messages. It just makes me feel I am not alone in my anguish. I am so mixed up about meds and herbs, vitamins, triggger points it all is so confusing. Why is there not more research about this? My dr. really does not know where to begin, I can tell he is just guessing as to what to do. He is the head of a major hospital rhumatology dept, you think he could do or know more. I have another appt. for a fibro clinic in chicago this week but I know they think the problems surrounds yeast. Also they think people with fibro have thyroid problems that most doctors don't detect. I told them mine was normal but they said they have better tests. Why would not MY dr. have that test? Has any one out there heard of any of this? Does anyone one out there feel tension during falling asleep and all of a sudden you realize your all tense. I feel tense all of the time. My only relief is xanex. It makes me sooooo sleepy but does not keep me asleep. I have been on so many meds I just could write a book. I have prayed and prayed I do not think I will ever feel good again. I feel like my life is over and this is just a slow death. marilyn
  3. selma

selma New Member

Please tell us how YOU are doing.
    Change the title of this and you will get more replies. We had a situation where someone kept threatening to kill themselves for a LOOOOOOOONG Time. So we are leary of the I want to die statement. Not that we don't respect the feelings. Many of us have them from time to time. We try and support with positive help and understanding.

Love, Selma
  4. blondieangel

blondieangel New Member

the muscle tension you are describing sounds like chronic myofascial pain syndrome-
    I have that and FM and feel exactly the way you describe at bedtime! I am now on sleep med's, pain meds, xanxa, anti-depresants -
    On this website there are links to other FM sites when you are finished reading what is here.

Do a www search - dr. devin starlanyl has excellent info in CMPS/FM - she's even linked to this site.
  5. TiredbutWired

TiredbutWired New Member

I wish I could answer ALL your questions but I can't but I just wanted to offer some support.I had my thyroid tested at least 8 times,some doctors go by your temperture and symptoms but I was on armour thyroid for a while and noticed NO change.Are you able to do any stretches to ease some of the muscle tightness?Hydrothearpy really helped me but I fit in the cfs group better.Hang in there God has a plan for you also and when you finally receive it you will fill complete again and see the gifts that this DD has brought out of you.I know when I felt like you and someone would write something like this to me I would just want to choke them but soon you will be in a better place.Tracey