From "Leaving Home Early" to "Never Leaving Early Enough"

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by BlueSky555, Jul 31, 2006.

1. BlueSky555

BlueSky555 New Member

Does anyone find that it's getting more and more difficult to just get dressed and get out of the house as planned?

I used to be so organized; get all of clothes/shoes/jewelry, ready for work the night before and knowing everything I'm going to wear is out and ready for the next morning.

Now, I don't even work but find it's taking almost 2 hours just to get ready and get out of the house to get wherever I need to go. I can set a time for myself to leave the house but when I finally get into the car and look at the clock, I'm late!!!

I find that I begin doing 1 thing, then find myself doing another, then it's mumbo jumbo and I can't remember what I have done or need to do; like jewelry, if I wear it, hair, shoes, keys, etc. (I have forgot to do my hair before; even though I do very little to it anymore).

Have I changed that much??? It's really scary; anyone else?

BlueSky555
  2. BlueSky555

BlueSky555 New Member

Gee, you filled in some blanks for me. I was trying to think of things I would forget and I read your response and there it was.

Going back to make sure something was off.

Thank you, lyciumchld, and also for your response; good one,

BlueSky555
  3. SweetT

SweetT New Member

If I don't leave out within 2 hours of getting up, I have to take a nap before getting ready. Therefore, I have to lay everything out----------down to the underwear and jewelry, so I can shower, do my hair, and put my makeup on the night before.
    [This Message was Edited on 08/01/2006]
  4. eeyoreblue02

eeyoreblue02 Member

I could have written your post myself. I find that I am so easily distracted. That is what drives me insane and makes me so unorganized. I will be in the process of putting on makeup and suddenly I find myself getting a load of clothes out of the dryer. It's a miracle when I manage to do anything.

I used to get anywhere I needed to be early. Now I screech in at the last minute to dr appts, church, and other activities.

I am so very different from my old self.

Linda
  5. Breel

Breel New Member

Hi BlueSky555.

I just wanted to say that I know all about that ritual of getting ready for work and never leaving after you think you have everything before you walk out the door. I did that very much in the last three years of working.

I still do it and I have been off work since August 8,2005. When anyone wants me to be ready for an appointment or just to go eat out somewhere they call me and say they are outside waiting so I won't procrasitnate and find some reason I am not ready yet.

I was so afraid one time because I got all the way to work and realized I had left the iron plugged in. I had to turn around and come back home ; only to find I never left it on.

I have been terrified of many things that I left on that were actually not on, but I couldn't remember.

Just wanted you to know that you are NEVER alone with this dreadful condition. I didn't need any help being forgetful cause I have been that way even before the fibro.

I want you to look at the picture I have on here and this is one of the main reasons I am replying to your post. My baby looks a lot like yours, don't you think?

Bye for now,
    breel
  6. BlueSky555

BlueSky555 New Member

ALL for responding to my post. Each of you brought up something that I have also done but just didn't remember when I posted, lol!

This DD does cause many problems and changes our lifestyles so much. It's best to re-check things than to take the chances.

I did take a look at your profile, breel, and Rocky is so cute. Yes, he does look a lot like mine. I bet he is just as spoiled as well.

BlueSky555