FROM MODERATOR--PLEASE READ

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Mikie, Feb 19, 2005.

1. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

If you posted something and it was removed with no explanation to you, please e-mail Tech Support to ask why it was removed. You are also more than welcome to e-mail Shirl and me to ask as well. Just put Attn: Shirl/Mikie in the Subject line and Tech Support will forward it to us.

You can e-mail us or Tech Support at TechSupport@ProHealth.com

Sometimes, an original post is fine but attracts others and a fight breaks out. Please do not jump to any conclusions if a post is deleted and do not post about it here. E-mail one of us and we will find out what happened.

Shirl and I are not the only ones who moderate the boards. If someone removes a post and doesn't put an explanation in the file, we may not know what happened. If you e-mail us or Tech Support, one of us will try to find out.

If your post was rude, contained inappropriate language, or attacked another, it is pretty obvious why it was removed and should be a warning; however, if this was not the case, it's pretty safe to assume it was the thread following the post which became a problem.

I hope this helps to explain what can happen to some posts and gives you help in finding out what happens when a post just disappears. It is possible when servicing the website that things just float out into cyberspace never to be seen again. It has happened to me.

Love, Mikie
  2. BethM

BethM New Member

thank you, Mikie, bumping this to the top!
    Beth.
  3. violarose1

violarose1 New Member

thank you mikie (((())
  4. pam_d

pam_d New Member

You cleared up a mystery! Sometimes in the past I've read a seemingly harmless post---often with good information, though, that I've made a mental note to come back to later and reread---and then I can't find it later! You are right in that it's often not the original post or first few replies, even, that is the problem. The thread may meander from there, and contain things that get into that "inappropriate area", and that's why it disappears. So this is a good reminder for us!

And I need to remind myself to jot stuff down when I read it the FIRST time if I want to remember product names or good doctors, etc.---just in case this happens and the original post is gone....

Thanks again,
    Pam
  5. abbylee

abbylee New Member

I'll bet you looked real cute floating out there in cyberspace!

I'm so glad you drifted back down to earth to moderate us.

I would just hate it if you were never to be seen again!!

Take care.... and hold on when they service the website!!

abbylee ;-)
    PS Don't you just love a smart a...???
  6. abbylee

abbylee New Member

Mikie ???? Are you up there? bumping for Mikie...

abbylee
  7. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Cyberspace is no fun out there all by myself. Thanks for the laugh :)

Love, Mikie
  8. abbylee

abbylee New Member

I've not been on the board much lately, and I didn't realize how much I missed it.

I'm hoping things will settle down here in a month or so and I'll be able to get on more often.

Good to see you still smiling, too.

abbylee
  9. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I appreciate them.

Love, Mikie
  10. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Shalom, Shirl
  11. mscaregiver

mscaregiver Member

THANK YOU MIKIE FOR THE INFRO IM GLAD THAT YOU HAVE A CLEAN SITE I ENJOY THE SITE IM IN THE FIBRO ROOM AND A MEMBER

MSCAREGIVER
    <br>[<i>This Message was Edited on 02/23/2005</i>]
  12. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

13. shinlee

shinlee New Member

Thanks for the info Mikie.

Lisa
  14. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I just removed a post about bathroom humor. While some may have found it humorous, it was a bit beyond the pale and may have been offensive to some. It's a judgement call.

Love, Mikie
  15. rosalynann

rosalynann New Member

BUMP BUMP BUMP

THANKS FOR YOUR INFORMATION MIKIE.
    BUMPING YOU UP FOR OTHERS.
  16. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

17. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

This board is not refreshing and updating. I hope it starts to soon.

Love, Mikie
  18. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I appreciate your kind words.

Love, Mikie
  19. Shirl

Shirl New Member

The red 'edite and delete' links are for your personal use, should you decide to edit or delete your own message.

Everyone has this, but only they can see it.

I think Stormyskye answered all your other questions Hangininthere!

Shalom, Shirl
  20. MINERBYRD95503

MINERBYRD95503 New Member

THANKS FOR THE INFO:) JACKIE