Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by sues1, Oct 8, 2007.

1. sues1

sues1 New Member

In June is when I had the breast cancer surgery. Yet above my missing breast is still tender, it has improved lately.

I had a port put in later. It is for drawing blood samples, they run tests every week. I get a specail shot 24 hrs, after chemo also.(My white cells are great! Doing fine). Also used for chemo treatments. No poking for veins and bruising up and all. It is inserted beneath the sking. It also has been very sore, but getting better. They cut and insert in collar bone area, opposite side of where my breast was removed. For sometime I felt the soreness would never go way. But it is starting to now.

QUESTION: When I asked why to my surgeon, he replied it was because of the fibro. That for whatever reason, Fibro people have more problems along this line, we are more sensitive and it takes longer to recover. He said that at both places he had to cut through muscle and all. That it was one of the parts of the mystery of Fibro. He does not doctor for Fibro or CFIDS, but has found this to be true with other patients.

Has anyone else been told this? Curious.

Thanks for reading this and Many Blessings..........Susan

2. Aeronsmom

Aeronsmom New Member

I have this too, I had a breast reduction done about 6 years ago and have developed keloids, and I still have them, they were in the beginning very sore and itchy, now they are just thick scars. here is a definition of keloids.

A keloid is a special type of scar which results in an overgrowth of tissue at the site of a healed skin injury. Keloids are firm, rubbery lesions or shiny, fibrous nodules and can vary from pink to flesh-colored or red to dark brown in color. A keloid scar is benign, non-contagious and usually accompanied by severe itchiness, sharp pains and changes in texture. In severe cases, it can affect movement of skin. Keloids should not be confused with hypertrophic scars, which are raised scars that do not grow beyond the boundaries of the original wound and may reduce over time.

I hope you heal soon, my thoughts and prayers are with you always.

Love to all, Ann
    [This Message was Edited on 10/09/2007]
  3. sues1

sues1 New Member

You explained it so well. Thanks you...........

and many blessings,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,susan