From US News and World Report

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by mollystwin, Nov 6, 2006.

1. mollystwin

mollystwin New Member

Just copied this from their website. It's in the latest issue:

Always Tired? It's Not in Your Head

If your normal state seems to be crushing exhaustion, the problem may be more than just the job plus the kids. Last week, concerned that chronic fatigue syndrome is an underappreciated public-health problem, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention launched a $4.5 million campaign to educate physicians and the public about it. Symptoms include profound fatigue, joint pain, impaired memory, problems sleeping, and often depression. The cause isn't known (although serious stress may contribute) and there's no cure, but drugs and other therapies can ease distress. "The most important thing to understand is that the fatigue component creates a significant disability," says Julie Gerberding, director of the CDC. In addition, the National Institutes of Health last week awarded grants to seven researchers studying CFS's relationship to the immune and neurological systems. Experts think the condition affects about 1 million Americans, of whom 80 percent have not been diagnosed. - Sarah Baldauf

2. Fredericka

Fredericka New Member

For posting this. Great info!
  3. mymichelina

mymichelina New Member

for posting....more to add to my info folder.!
  4. spacee

spacee Member

I think it was a good article.

Spacee
  5. rockymtnmom

rockymtnmom New Member

All true, and in a national magazine! This and the People Mag ad have lifted my spirits today!

Go Awareness!!!

Kim
  6. pawprints

pawprints New Member

We are getting some respect and recognition.

Thanks for posting it.