Frozen limbs

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by sjogrens, Feb 9, 2006.

1. sjogrens

sjogrens New Member

Do any of you have frozen legs. My legs go through fases of feeling week, jello like and very cold like they were in ice all night. The ice feeling seems more with in.
    Hope every one is feeling ok today!
    Thanks sjogrens
  2. kch64

kch64 New Member

I sometimes get the feeling that I'm being pulled to the floor. it's really strange.

Like gravity is pulling my muscles downward.

K.
  3. sjogrens

sjogrens New Member

I know I get that feeling also. When I get up to walk my knees buckle in because gravity is pulling me down. So there for my legs are like spagettie.
  4. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

I think what you describe as iced up, frozen feeling, I would probably describe myself as a cold burning, it feels as if you can feel cold blood in your legs. I believe it is nerve pain, or myofacial pain.

Sorry you have this. I was up half the night with it after swimming. Every time I go swimming I get worse leg pain I swear. I am wondering if it is the cholrine? Did you swim?

Love Anne
  5. i too have frozen limbs and dont know why.
    it started after i had a total hysterectomy operation over 10 years ago.
    the top half of my body is very hot and i suffer from bad bouts of sweating.but my lower half of my body,from my naval down, is ice cold,even in the summer months.
    it remains a mystery to me even now.sometimes my fingers are ice cold too,then another time they will be very hot,very swollen and my knuckles fill up with fluid.

kind regards
    xx fran
  6. nonnie1967

nonnie1967 New Member

are my worst problem. Even when I'm wearing thick socks, my feet often feel like ice cubes, and the feeling often extends up my calves most of the way to my knees. Even my husband has noticed it - so I try to keep my feet away from him when we're sleeping. ;-)

It happens to my hands too - I have Raynaud's and I guess that's part of it - but not to the degree that it does with my feet.
  7. shan1078

shan1078 New Member

My feet are always blocks of ice. I'm wearing 3 pairs of socks right now, and their still cold!!

I too had a hysterectomy, and the feet thing and FM started about a year after.

I bought this electric "foot warmer" from Brookstone. I keep it under my desk at home for when I'm doing my work, it even has a remote! It's GREAT
  8. nonnie1967

nonnie1967 New Member

It's wonderful! I don't get to use it much - I have two little boys who always want to play in it if I use it when they're up - but when I do, it helps a lot to warm my feet up and help them to stop hurting. :)

I also have a paraffin bath that I use for my hands. I can't use that much, either (hubby has to be around to take care of the kids when I do) - but it's great!