Frozen shoulder....is this a symptom of this disease?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by azadobe, Mar 25, 2003.

1. azadobe

azadobe New Member

I'm curious is this a symptom of this disease? I have had a frozen shoulder almost two yrs ago needed manipulation. Now the other shoulder is on it's way, even with exercise.

Betty
  2. Connie3

Connie3 New Member

So sorry to hear about your frozen shoulder problems. I know the pain. Had to have surgery for frozen shoulder in fall of 2000. I had been in bed off and on for several months with bad fibro flares. Surgery was very successful. Hope you get better soon and start doing therapy right a way to keep the shoulder supple. Maybe this shoulder thing is another similarity....what's next!!
  3. NewEnglander

NewEnglander New Member

BUMP I'm so sorry to here about your shoulder I know how much it can hurt. I did read somewhere that it was a fibro thing.
    I also had a frozen shoulder a few years ago. I got a cortizone injection and that hurt so much that I had to go home and go to bed.. it helped for a little while but then came back worse.. so then I started pyshical therapy, I didn't do the shoulder exercises at home like I was suppose to, so I didn't get better. when I went back to see the Dr. he told me that he was going to do manipulation under anestheshia on my shoulder... I was quite the chicken and begged him for one more shot with the pyshical therapy. this time I was a good girl and did all my exercises at home no matter what and thats how I got better... and my shoulder was wicked bad.
    God Bless
    from Lisa