FRS Healthy Energy is working for me so far

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lvjesus, Sep 14, 2008.

1. lvjesus

lvjesus Member

Well, my FRS arrived Saturday. I chewed 2 of the chews, which is 1 serving Saturday afternoon. I did not really notice anything, but that is not surprising since I was at church from 8:30 until 2pm, out in the sun most of the time, helping with the yard sale and other activities. I was hot and achy and we all came home, showered and collapsed. Here is the surpising good news though...

On Sunday I took a dose before church (we have to be there between 8 and 8:30 to set up breakfast) and although I expected to feel awful from overdoing it the day before, I felt okay. I could tell it was doing something, but I did not feel jittery, just alert. After leaving church around 1, I came home and fixed lunch, incluiding homemade fries! After all that standing, my legs and hips were hurting, but I was not zonked out.

Here is more news! I took a second dose around 2 and, get this, went to the grocery store with my husband, shopped, unloaded the groceries onto the belt, bagged, loaded the car, came home, helped unload the car, and help put away, AND still had energy to pop a pizza in the oven!!! WOW!!

Again, my hips were done in by all the standing, but I did not feel tired in the least! I also could tell the diff in how I was feeling and this feeling, which felt normal. Here is what I mean. Although I thought I felt okay, energy-wise, I realized that I was still not 100% even though I thought I was alright since I was not face down on the floor tired. Know what I mean?

So here is the skinny. For those of you who don't know what this is (most, judging from my last post asking about it), you can google "FRS Healthy Energy". You get a 2 week free trial (you pay shipping) and if you don't like it, you can cancel before 2 weeks are up (be careful and save all the packaging because you will need it to return). After 2 weeks, you will be charged around $65 for a 28 day (I think, could be 30) supply and it will be on auto-ship.

My husband did a search after we ordered it and found ppl who said it tasted bad and the power did not mix well, etc. I don't think he found complaints about the product performace itself, and not much is there was any, just primarily about the taste. Well, as I said before, I could probably drink swamp water if it helped me. It is a matter of degrees in my opinion. Anyone who would not take it because of the taste alone, doesn't REALLY need it, and you all know what I mean! I think it tastes okay. I received the lemon lime soft chews (They taste good), the peach mango ready-to-drink (it is okay but would not be my first choice), the low cal orange concentrate (tastes good like OJ but with a VERY SLIGHT bitter undertaste which could probably be dispensed with by adding more water or ice or even some real OJ), and the diet orange power (tastes like Tang, no bitter taste, but it is a bit hard to mix and does clump SOME but with more vigorous shaking will blend fine).

You can change up your flavors and types so that you can get what you prefer, so that solves that problem. It has only been 1 full day and today I will go to work and see how it does. I am very skeptical, like most of you, because I have tried so much with so little success. I am CAUTIOUSLY optimistic and will keep you all posted on my progress. I half expect it to stop working, but you know we have to be a bit wary because the disappointment to a bit much sometimes when you want so much to be better.

God Bless,
  2. vannafeelbettr

vannafeelbettr New Member

I'm going to GNC today and see if they have FRS. I'd like to try it out for myself as well.

Good Luck!!
  3. cordy250

cordy250 Member

that you have also had some success with this product. I have been using it for three months and am still pleasantly surprised at the difference it is making in my life. I'm hooked on it.

After tasting many of the different products and flavors, I find the lo-cal orange concentrate to be the best. It really just tastes like many of the juice type drinks available on the market today, I think. The lemon-lime chews are the best of the chews, but I really prefer the concentrate over any others.

I know what you mean about expecting it to stop working, but so far (knock on wood) it is still making my life better. I have been able to add 1/2 to 1 mile of walking to my life which really makes my dog happy!!
  4. cordy250

cordy250 Member

I have been using it twice a day. Last night I was so tired after my evening farm chores I didn't think I could get through dog feeding, etc., when I got back in the house.

I realized I had only taken it once, early in the day. I was a little leery of taking it so late in the evening, but I did anyway. I was able to finish my evening duties without feeling like I needed to crash and yet fell right asleep when I went to lie down and watch tv.

Unfortunately, I still woke up a couple of hours later and had my usual sleepless night, but hey, I had a lovely two hour nap.

Besides, it was wild last night with the full moon and slight cloudiness, not to mention abnormally warm temps. I had the dog out in her yard at 1 AM and I stood there in a t-shirt and shorts, basking in the bright as day moonglow and weird tropical humidity and temps.
  5. cordy250

cordy250 Member

just don't lump frs in with red bull or other so-called energy drinks. FRS posts all the ingredients on their site.

Make your own decisions, for sure. We all must be informed consumers.
    [This Message was Edited on 09/15/2008]
  6. hermitlady

hermitlady Member

I ordered from and there you can just order what you want with no continued delivery fine print. I also ordered the reg and sugar free orange concentrate, but haven't received it yet.

Per serving there is caffeine in the equiv to 1/4 cup of coffee, it acts as "a metabolic enhancer to help the body absorb other key nutrients in the FRS formula".

The main supplement that is supposed to help w fatigue is Quercetin 250mg. If you google it, you'll find all kinds of ills that the Quercetin helps. It sounds like a good product, full of anti-oxidants from blueberries, raspberries, red onion, apple skins and green tea. I'm not good at swallowing lots of supplement pills, so I thought I'd try it.

Here's the run down on what the orange chews have in them per serving (2 chews are to be eaten twice daily):

Calories 40
    Total Carbs 8g
    Sugars 5g
    Vit A 750IU
    Vit C 120mg
    Vit E 60 IU
    Thiamin 1.5mg
    Riboflavin 1.7mg
    Niacin 20mg
    Vit B6 2mg
    Vit B12 6mcg
    Quercetin 250mg
    Catechins (from green tea leaf extract) 20mg

Also stated on the package:

One serv of FRS supplies the same amt of flavonoid anti-oxidants as:
    2 servings of blueberries OR
    6 servings of red onions OR
    7 servings of raspberries

I'm in a major bout of fatigue right now and today is the second day I've taken it. I can't really tell if it's done anything for me yet since I've been so incredibly fatigued lately. I just hope it helps, I'll try anything once (within reason). I'll keep you posted on my results w it.

7. gapsych

gapsych New Member

From the Natural Medicines Comprehensive Datebase:

What is it?

Quercetin is a plant pigment (flavonoid). It is found in many plants and foods, such as red wine, onions, green tea, apples, berries, Ginkgo biloba, St. John's Wort, American Elder, and others. People use quercetin in medicines.

Is it Effective?

Natural Medicines Comprehensive Database rates effectiveness based on scientific evidence according to the following scale: Effective, Likely Effective, Possibly Effective, Possibly Ineffective, Likely Ineffective, and Insufficient Evidence to Rate.

The effectiveness ratings for QUERCETIN are as follows:possibly Effective for...
    Prostate inflammation.

Insufficient Evidence to Rate Effectiveness for...
    Hardening of the arteries (artherosclerosis), heart disease, high cholesterol, diabetes, cataracts, hayfever (allergic rhinitis), stomach and intestinal ulcers, schizophrenia, inflammation, asthma, gout, viral infections, chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS), preventing cancer, and other conditions.

How does it work?

Quercetin has antioxidant and anti-inflammatory effects which might help reduce prostate inflammation.

Are there safety concerns?

Quercetin appears to be safe for most people when up to 500 mg twice daily are taken by mouth. It is not known if larger amounts might be safe. Quercetin can cause headache and tingling of the arms and legs. Very high doses might cause kidney damage.

Do not take quercetin if:
    You are pregnant or breast-feeding.

Are there any interactions with medications?

Antibiotics (Quinolone antibiotics) <<interacts with>> QUERCETIN
    Interaction Rating = Moderate Be cautious with this combination.
    Talk with your health provider.

Taking quercetin along with some antibiotics might decrease the effectiveness of some antibiotics. Some scientists think that quercetin might prevent some antibiotics from killing bacteria. But it's too soon to know if this is a big concern.

Some of these antibiotics that might interact with quercetin include ciprofloxacin (Cipro), enoxacin (Penetrex), norfloxacin (Chibroxin, Noroxin), sparfloxacin (Zagam), trovafloxacin (Trovan), and grepafloxacin (Raxar).
  8. lvjesus

lvjesus Member

as Cordy said, it is not an "energy drink" which I have tried with very unsatisfactory results, to say the least. They hype me up, make me jittery and then I crash very soon after.

This has very little caffeine and does not make you feel jittery at all and no crash. So far so good. I take it twice a day.
  9. lvjesus

lvjesus Member

Do you think the chews are as effective as some of the other stuff? Yesterday I forgot to take it at 2 and did not remember until nearly 3 when I started to get sleepy. So I took the 2 chews but I did not feel like it worked like before. I did a comparison of ingredients from the chews to the ready to drink and found the chews have a little less of some things so I thought I might chew 3 instead. I am interested in your opinion on this if you have one.

You should google "FRS Healthy Energy" and find that web site where the guy is reviewing "energy drinks" and read some of the stupid comments. Somewhere my husband read that someone said the chews were so horrible she could barely get them down! Uh, mine taste like candy!!! And the guy who was reviewing energy drinks slammed it because it did not give him a "jolt", duh, it IS NOT an energy drink so why compare apples to ornages? If he read their stuff he would know they say it is not like other energy drinks that jack you up and then make you crash.

Anyway, enough of that ranting! LOL I found if you shake the powder vigorously in a water bottle, it will all mix. Even I can shake it hard enough. Day 3 and we will see how it goes.

God Bless,
  10. cordy250

cordy250 Member

I have read very few negative reviews and the ones that were negative seemed to be talking through their hats. I laughed at the guy that didn't get a jolt out of it. He clearly didn't understand what it was all about. IIRC, he was a college kid looking to stay up all night!! LOL

As for the complaints about taste, I just don't see it. Maybe the flavor was different when they first started out or something, but I find it very pleasant. I actually enjoy the lo-cal orange concentrate. It has become my favorite.

I'm afraid I can't be sure about the chews as opposed to the drink. The effect is so subtle that I just don't know about it. Somewhere I thought I read that the chews were supposed to be more of a short acting pick me up and the drink was more long term. I just know that I really notice if I miss a second dose, but much later in the day. Also, one particularly stressful day I used it three times with no adverse effects.

I have changed my orders so that I get almost all liquid concentrate as I work at home and convenience and portability don't matter to me.

The most complaints I have seen are about slow shipping or difficulty getting the orders right. Frankly, I have never even spoken with anyone, I have managed things completely online and I have changed my orders and shipping date each time and not had a problem. Every time I write that I feel like I should knock on wood, but so far, so good. Also, some of the people that have the most problems seem very abusive. I can just imagine being a customer service person and being subjected to anger and foul language.
    [This Message was Edited on 09/17/2008]
  11. lvjesus

lvjesus Member

The only taste that I did not care for that much was the ready to drink orange mango but even that was okay, just not my fav. I went online today and changed up my order but did not see the ready to drink available, just the chews, powder and concentrate. I like the orange powder; it tastes like Tang and today when I did the concentrate in the am, I just used more water and I did not notice any bitter at all.

Today when I did chews at 2 I chewed 3. It worked good for me but I am PMSing and that is much harder so I am tired now and having more pain today, but it was good to have that energy this morning and the boost for the afternoon. I am keeping it for sure. I can tell it works and I love that it does not make you jittery.
  12. cordy250

cordy250 Member

isn't on the automatic order. You can get it separately and I think they are now offering the same free shipping.

The only ready to drink one I had was peach mango and it was okay but nowhere near my favorite. The ready to drink cans are more expensive, which is understandable.

We are still going to have days that are lousy, I am sure of that. I just feel that everything is a step improved. The lousy days aren't quite so lousy or so frequent. I do tend to overdo, though, when I am feeling well, so you know there will be backlash no matter what you are taking.
  13. hensue

hensue New Member

I got on here tonight just to see if there had been an update about the drinks. Keep it up and let me know if you crash. I wiil get some if you keep on having good results.
    Money only goes so far. So waiting to see.
  14. lvjesus

lvjesus Member

I know that this is sold at GNC also, so you might try there is you have some in your area. As Cordy said, some better is better than no better! I can feel today that I am starting hell week (the week or so before my period) so I expect that it will make me feel not so drained. Luckily I have a sit down job but it is accounting so brain power is necessary. You can't get much done if you can't remember what to do :0(

The monthly allotment of FRS is 64.95, with each item you select being 19.95. There are 30 chews in each bag, which would be 15 days at 2 per day, so you could get away with 2 bags of chews for 30 days, which would be $39.90. I took 3 chews yesterday as my 2nd dose hoping for better results. Today I mixed the concentrate with Sunny Delight for a change. It tastes fine. I will keep up the updating and let you all know. As of now, I plan to keep it up. I can tell it does something and saw a BIG difference the first few days. Now I just have to get through the PMS. As with everything else, it probably will not work for everyone.

Someone where my husband was reading said it gave them diarreah but I have not had any problems except maybe some gas, but it could be something I ate because I don't get that every time.

God Bless,
  15. lvjesus

lvjesus Member

and I am sure it is doing some good. My period came and went with only one day of flat out feeling like I was going to die, seriously. It was awful. I can tell it is working though and I just gradually feel more alert, not buzzed.
  16. cordy250

cordy250 Member

that someone else is having good luck with it. I have been on it several months and I truly feel it has helped me.

I keep thinking that I must be talking myself into it as nothing I have ever tried has helped my fatigue and I have tried a few things.

I have actually phased out my morning Starbucks Doubleshot and not even noticed, not that it gave me any real comparable results.
  17. Hootie1

Hootie1 New Member

I got the FRS sample packs too and chose to use the chews (easier!) I chew 2 peices 2x per day and I notice a difference also.

It is all B vitamins which we all probably lack to some degree. I still have pain and problems but it does give me a boost. Although I can take it and sleep also. :)
  18. hensue

hensue New Member

i went to gnc and got some orange chews. Being very careful. Only chewed half of one this morning. Seeing how the last 3 days have been extremely bad. Do yu ever feel like your body shuts down? When you have a severe fibro attack. Some times this will last up to 14 days. like a terrible headache. drainage, pain all all over fatigue.
    Urine not right trying to drink lots of water. Also it is like i cant pee or the other right. It is hard to describe it is like my bodily funtions just stop. it is weird.
    my legs and ankles are swollen real bad, then also get sick to my stomach. Anyway so i only took half because i saw something about kidneys a lot of times my kidneys just hurt.
    Seems to be i am a little more focused maybe i will get up and try to do some stuff. Bought some drinks lo cal orange.
    Have not tried them yet.
    Taking it real slow.
    I am like hermit lady if it would give me some energy i would drink swamp water.
    Then again i dont want to make every thing worse.
    Who knows
    i think i have typed this with not misspelling if i did.
    It would be because of the chew before i could hardly see the computer.
  19. hensue

hensue New Member

i took half a chew this morning. Then around lunch i took the other half and i start hurting, and no energy.
    So i have the low cal drink. if i am not hurting do you think i should drink like half in the morning. i have got to have some energy.
    thanks hensue
  20. cordy250

cordy250 Member

but half a chew at a time isn't any where near what they recommend. Two chews are considered a serving. I'm just not sure you are going to get anything out of it by proceeding so cautiously, but you have to do what is right for you. I just wouldn't condemn the product for not working if you don't feel comfortable actually taking it.