Fruit Flavored waters

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by PainSux, Sep 24, 2005.

1. PainSux

PainSux New Member

I like these & have a couple a day & also drink about a gallon of plain water a day. I think that they have gotten an IBS attack going that I cannot stop w/my Donnatol. I can't think of anything else. It's those bottled waters that has flavor, no calories or carbonation. Anyone else have a problem w/these?
  2. LollieBoo

LollieBoo New Member

Check out the sweetener- I can not tolerate any artificial sweeteners- NutraSweet or whatever- I get terrrible IBS symptoms. Just a thought. Hope you figure it out.
  3. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

PainSue;

I have never had a problem with these, but I do react badly to daily vitamins, supplements, etc.
    Hugs,
    NyroFan
  4. brit_17759

brit_17759 New Member

it could be the drinks, if they have artificial sweetners in them. Like lollieboo, I can't drink anything with artificial sweetners in them, as its sets off my IBS.

Hugs,
    brit
  5. JLH

JLH New Member

The type that I bought were carbonated--just what I wanted. I thought they may remind me of pop.

However, I noticed--after I got home!--that they were sweetened by aspertame. Ugh!!

I can not drink aspertame because it triggers migraines in me.

The only artificial that does not trigger migraines is Splenda.

Janet
  6. LollieBoo

LollieBoo New Member

There is a company that makes a GREAT carbonated beverage that is 100% juice- even my DH and son love it! It is called "Switch". No added sweeteners, but it would be more if you wanted the carbonation w/out the "pop", not if you wanted the no-cal water thing...

Although Glaceau makes great fruit-flavored or vitamin-infused waters.

OH- and if you like cola, but want to break off of the Coke/Pepsi train- try China Cola-- it is awesome! A combination of chinese herbs that is invigorating, and tastes like a cola.

Have Fun!
  7. PainSux

PainSux New Member

I do avoid aspartane as I know it evokes an IBS breakout. These didn't have any. I've been off for a few days & almost not IBS symtoms. It would be nice if I never had to worry about making it to a bathroom on time.
  8. Vada

Vada New Member

Check the label again to see if they have any malatose or malodextrin included. These upset me horribly. LaVada
  9. stampfreak

stampfreak New Member

There are some that aren't sweetened but have fruit essences such as Calistoga Mineral Water. Albertson's has flavored seltzer waters with Lemon or Lime essence. I find that these don't bother me and they encourage me to drink more water since I like the taste.
  10. PainSux

PainSux New Member

I'll have to check those other ingredients that were mentioned. I don't tolerate carbonated drinks very well so I avoid them. I do shop at Albertson's though.