Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by budmickl, Aug 7, 2007.

1. budmickl

budmickl New Member

Can I burn citronella candles in the house? I have those blasted gnats swarming my house - inside and out.

If it ain't slug bugs (which I still get in the kitchen), it's gnats.

And I must have a wasp's nest close by also. I knocked two little brown tunnels that they build off the front door and garage door. No wasps in them. But they are in my car, in my garage and all around the house.

Too bad the wasps can't eat the gnats and make them sick and die.

2. mrdad

mrdad New Member

A couple of years ago, we had a big irritating problem wiff

those Fruit Flies! Took an empty clear jar in which I placed

A banana peel. I covered the opening wiff a funnel. The

flies were attracted by the fermentation of the Peel and

would work their way down into the Jar. Couldn't get out!

The same thing worked for meat eating bee's in the Mts. but

used chicken or sausage etc. to attract them! Don't know if'

in it will work with WASPS, I'm Catholic!!

See if it works for you. Not bad for a City Kid ??

Sweet red wine may also work wiff the Flies. Just "wing it"

til ya get it right!
  3. budmickl

budmickl New Member

Thanks for the info! I remember reading somewhere about the jar and funnel. I'll get it a try! I figure the wasps are going to take some kind of spray.

4. Bailey-smom

Bailey-smom New Member

One of the ladies said to do the same except it was apple cider vinigar(sp) and cover the jar with plastic wrap with a couple little holes in it.

Good luck in getting rid of the little buggers!
  5. budmickl

budmickl New Member

If the strawberries and funnel doesn't get them all, I'll try the vinegar. I don't care for the smell of vinegar but I'd dab it on my wrist and ears if it will get rid of the buggers.

I love that show! I can't imagine putting my hands and nose into some of the places they do!

ps just back from wally world - wasps are getting sprayed, no friendly fire for them!!

[This Message was Edited on 08/08/2007]
  6. Bailey-smom

Bailey-smom New Member

go to a farm supply store and by the fly spray that you can use in milking barns. It works well but I didn't tell you that yesterday because some people would not like that idea:) But I see the wasps are going today so I thought you may like to know there is a "safe" fly spray as well!

7. budmickl

budmickl New Member

I forgot to use the wasp spray, I hope to remember to do it tonight.

The fruit flies or gnats or whatever they are, have invaded the whole house. Not just the kitchen. Maybe I'll turn the A/C off and cook the little buggers. Heat index is 105 degrees.

I m ight have some fly spray in my arsenol of chemicals. I'll check. I'm over being nice to flies, gnats, wasps or slugs. They get in my way, they are going to be sprayed, salted or stepped on. I will win this battle!!

8. budmickl

budmickl New Member

Thanks... does it need any wine or brandy in it? Would kaluha do?

9. Bailey-smom

Bailey-smom New Member

that the wine glass is the best suggestion of them all! You could leave a new "trap" every night - just drink down to about 1/2 inch of the bottom and leave it on the counter! Repeat the next evening!