fruits and veggies...what are the best for Fm/Cfs?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by wildflowers2, Apr 29, 2006.

1. wildflowers2

wildflowers2 New Member

I was just wondering if there are some fruits and veggies that are better than others to eat?

I am trying to re vamp my eating style and would like ideas
    on veggie dishes. I have been raised witht the meat and potatoes. So, I want a change.

Thanks. Wishing everyone a wonderful day
  2. woofmom

woofmom New Member

A variety of all of them. I no longer use iceberg lettuce. It has very, very little nutritional value. Here is a list of things I now eat a lot more of: fresh berries mixed with yogurt, raisins,leafy greens(medium to dark green),carrots,fresh shiitake mushrooms,v8 juice,garlic,fresh herbs, tomatoes. I now use multi-grain noodles,WHOLE grain bread,brown rice.Some of the things I've read up on are:berries,especially red raspberries, are super anti oxidants, raisins has an acid that is good for the liver, cilantro can remove heavy metals. I no longer use toothpaste or mouthwash. I brush my teeth with baking soda. I said brush, cause scrubbing them makes them sensitive. I try to stay as "close to the vine" as possible. No aspartame cause I don't like antifreeze. No sucralose cause I don't like DDT. I no longer use my microwave. I try not to store things in plastic. I try to stay away from MGS. I use real butter and organic sugar. I may have missed somethings, but you get my drift. Most of the stuff listed on the side of products are chemicals. I no longer use antihistamines or take aspirin. The only time my nose gets stuffy or I get a headache is if I breath or ingest chemicals. I also use fragrance free(and the ones without masking scents) products. No dyes either. If someone is stressing me out, I tell them to shut the h--l up and to go away. All these seem to help me. In my opinion, artifical sweeteners, stress, MSG and the chemicals in products we use every day are the leading cause of our autoimmune illnesses.
  3. wildflowers2

wildflowers2 New Member

thank you to all who answered me

have a wonderful day
    be well

4. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

that apples are better than bananas! I also just read that asparagus is top of the list for glutathione...something you need to get better. Pears are good for the gallbladder- eat one every day! Also, turmeric is good...this is sounding a bit random, sorry! Terri