frustrated because of igenex results

Discussion in 'Lyme Disease Archives' started by jess, Mar 31, 2008.

1. jess

jess New Member

Hi all, I guess quite a few of you have had this same problem. Here's what I was told about my results before I have received the copy. The only band positive is IGG 41. It has 3 pluses or stars they said. Everything else including co-infections was negative. I do however have a low cd-57 of 48 from Lab Corp. I also have high EBV titers and above normal HHV-6 levels although not super high.Anyway, I have been so sick with vertigo, headaches, awful gastroparesis and fatigue and some muscle pain. I had vertigo in October and now again. I have been sick since a child and have been getting worse. I have no recollection of tick bite or rash.
    I understand that band 41 can be from other sources as EBV, gingivitis and others. I am waiting to see my Dr. but should I see an LLMD? All opinions much appreciated and very grateful, thanks, Jess
  2. jess

jess New Member

Hi thanks for all your responses. I think I will take your good advice and see an LLMD. Also, I got my copy and Igenex said negative but there were also 2 other bands 31 and 39 which were ind for IGG. Also the lab report says that EBV can cause false positives and I have this. It also said my report caould indicate clinical significance. Thanks again, Jess
  3. jarjar

jarjar New Member

for Igenex to say negative means nothing. An IND is considered a positive by most llmd's its just sending a weak signal. A good LLMD needs to look at your results.
    My doctor would be treating you for lyme with your results.
  4. connieaag

connieaag New Member

Do you still see Dr. C? We have an appointment Tuesday, so I am rally anxious to see him and what he has to say. Connie
  5. connieaag

connieaag New Member

Is who we are seeing. Her PCP tried to treat it after she had the Igenex testing, but I just don't think we're dottin all the I's and crossing all the T's.