frustrated - need advice

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by beachlover, Oct 31, 2005.

1. beachlover

beachlover New Member

Hey guys, I have left this forum for awhile, have been sent to a MS Clinic for further testing...yesterday heard the MRI was normal, nothing points to MS. They are stating once again, it's Fibro. I not sure which would be worse news, MS or Fibro, MS at least they know what causes it and can start treatments to limit the exaberations. Fibro, they are clueless and just treat the symptoms.

Let me know if anyone else experiences these symptoms:
    I have sensory problems ONLY on my left side (head to toe)numbness, burning, hot/cold sensations, etc. Fatigue, loss of hearing in left ear as well.

No one can figure me out and I really getting frustrated....any suggestions?

Beach
  2. twerp

twerp New Member

answers for you.

Just bumping back to the 1st page, hoping someone else will.

Hugs,
    Twerp
  3. dakotasweett

dakotasweett New Member

since my sister has MS, they wanted to make sure I didn't also have it (I didn't). I know what you mean about not knowing which is worse- I had the same feeling when I was tested.

I don't have the same symptoms as you described- and my whole body is involved- so I really can't speak to your symptoms...but, my PCP just ordered neuropathic testing on me since I have recently had some numbness and burning in my arms. I really am not sure what it involves (my appointment for it is tomorrow)...but it may be something to ask your doctor about. I hope you are able to find some answers.

Soft hugs,
    Vanessa
  4. rbecca47

rbecca47 New Member

have basicaly same syptoms,my left side from my face down to toes, numb. left eye sensitive to light. left ear hearing loss had to get hearing aid, i am thinking i had a stroke that effected my left side, i have syptoms on the right but not as severe, slight hear loss on right. constant buzzing in my ears. very annoying. Docter ran ever test posible from heart to veins in my neck for blockage. doc said it is fibro, and it will get better in time when i get rid of stress and other things. yes no stress in my life, that would be heaven, and one day with out pain. i hope you find some releaf and find something to help you . still searching
    becca
  5. poodlemommy

poodlemommy New Member

I too thought I had MS but I dont .I have same symptoms as you and left side also. MY friend has it all on the right side. Personally I would rather have fibro. I have a few friends with MS and when it gets worse there is no turning back many times. Your stuck with the damage and it can sometimes mean life in a wheel chair. MS is far worse in my opinion. Fibro sucks and is disabling for sure but its not progressive like MS and we do get those reprieves at times. As Ive said in many of my posts, the key to managing fibro is balance. Finding the right balance of meds, exercise, food , stress, etc that works for you.
    hugs, poodlemum
  6. ckk

ckk New Member

I TO FEEL THE SAME WAY I WOULD RATHER HAVE FIBRO LIKE I DO. AND I TOO WAS AT FIRST TESTED FOR MS AND FIBRO. (I HAVE FIBRO) JUST TO BE CLEAR. I GET NUMBNESS, AND BURNING, BUT I GET IT ON BOTH SIDES AT ANY GIVEN TIME. NO HOT COLD SENSATIONS THOUGH. HOPE ANY OF THIS HELPS. BEST OF LUCK TO YOU.

CKK
  7. Bambi

Bambi New Member

issues except occasional Tinitis. No numbness though I could take some at times! It does sound very strange to me compared to the people I know with FM! To be FM it has to be "tenderness" in at least 8 of the areas on both sides of the body for at least six months. I'd get another opinion for sure. As far as being progressive many of us believe it definitely is. Not many started out severe but many end up that way.