FRUSTRATED

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by jenifurlii, Sep 5, 2002.

1. jenifurlii

jenifurlii New Member

I got a bunch of lab work back today that shows I am in such PERFECT HEALTH! If I am in such perfect health then why do I feel soooooooo miserable. Don't get me wrong--I would LOVE to be healthy, but when these tests come back normal it just reinforces my doctors pre-conceived ideas about FMS all being in my head. I have a FMS diagnoses, but I feel like that stops the doctors from looking into other possibilities, you know what I mean? What am I saying? You all understand. I am grateful for that.
    However, I am very discouraged and incredibly down. I have tried MANY antidepressants. For the most part I just cannot handle the side effects of them--ALSO WEIGHT GAIN FROM THEM!! I feel like I am unable to find relief from this horrible depression. I am going to see a counselor in the next couple of weeks but I have been there, done that before.
    Well, thank you for just letting me vent. =0)
    [This Message was Edited on 09/05/2002]
  2. jenifurlii

jenifurlii New Member

I got a bunch of lab work back today that shows I am in such PERFECT HEALTH! If I am in such perfect health then why do I feel soooooooo miserable. Don't get me wrong--I would LOVE to be healthy, but when these tests come back normal it just reinforces my doctors pre-conceived ideas about FMS all being in my head. I have a FMS diagnoses, but I feel like that stops the doctors from looking into other possibilities, you know what I mean? What am I saying? You all understand. I am grateful for that.
    However, I am very discouraged and incredibly down. I have tried MANY antidepressants. For the most part I just cannot handle the side effects of them--ALSO WEIGHT GAIN FROM THEM!! I feel like I am unable to find relief from this horrible depression. I am going to see a counselor in the next couple of weeks but I have been there, done that before.
    Well, thank you for just letting me vent. =0)
  3. selma

selma New Member

Take yourself to a new Doctor. We All have normal blood test on almost everything. Good luck.

It's definitly Not in your head. All tho others heremay not agree it's not just in mine. (Ha! Ha! )

Love Selma
  4. MicheleF

MicheleF New Member

however, a good doctor who believes in fms and cfids will not let this deter him/her from treating you with respect, and with the understanding you deserve.

I've gotten a lot of hope from members who've suffered from these DDs and are able to report varying levels of success w/ their treatment. I'm not saying it's an easy road, cause it's not, but we must keep faith that we will get to a better level than we are now.

Take care. Michele

5. rick31797

rick31797 New Member

Most of us can really relate to you...And the sad part about it,most Doctors are programed that if the tests are good then you are good. Doctor's need to see something on paper that says something is wrong...I have had many many many tests done the last 6 years,some of the tests i had done 3 times...and nothing at all turned up..I am more than healthy...It is very frustrating because i can only walk short distances, and they cant even tell me what is wrong with my legs, i feel like i have the flue..extreme weakness, and that is what took my off my job i had for over 25 years..My family Dr see nothing wrong with me so he does nothing...My wife on the other hand, had her blood pressure check and it was 186..it didnt take him long to get her on pills....because he could see it...WE have a so called invisable illness and trying to prove that you are really ill,makes this liiness even more cruel..Tell a person you have MS and they will fall all over you..tell them you have CFS/FM and they either dont know what it is or they say, i might have that too, i feel so tired all the time...grrrrrrrrrrr

Rick
  6. Wildcat

Wildcat New Member

We all know how frustrating it can be with this "invisible" condition. As a matter of fact, for years, I have had tests that came out negative, and I was believing it was all in my head, got so crazy for awhile, went to see a Psychologist, and he diagnosed me with, "Severe Depression, Anxiety Disorder, and Somonization Disorder", in our words, I was making myself sick! Now if that isn't enough to make a person go out of their head, nothing will! I told him, "I am making myself Sick?" Well then, "Can YOU please tell myself to stop!!!!" No one, no one, tries to make their self sick, and what would be my reason?? Yes, I "LOVE" to fell tired all the time, and in hurt so much it makes me cry! Then came the anti-depressants!! I told him I didn't want them, and that HE was making me depressed!!!

Mind you, I have never been back to him!! That was about 3 years ago!

That is pretty bad when a psychologist makes you feel like shit!!!!

Sorry, was venting, I get so mad when tests come out normal!!!

Wildcat