Frustrating....

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by mosherpit, Sep 8, 2006.

1. mosherpit

mosherpit New Member

I have been having lower back pain shooting down into my right leg and foot for about a month now. Rheumatologist said go to physical therapy...PT said get an MRI I think it is a disc, MRI is negative, Dr. says go to PT...I can barely drive the pain gets so bad and I have very little strength in the leg to press the brake pedal!!!! My foot also swells as the day goes on until I can put it up and relax. Just needed to vent, thanks for listening....
  2. kirschbaum26

kirschbaum26 New Member

Dear Mosherpit:

You need to see a neurologist. The loss of strength in your leg/foot indicates that you might have a nerve impingnment. You need to see a neurologist to have them do the MRI. If you do not resolve this you could do permanent damage. Call your primary doctor and get a referral.

If you have any problem starting or stopping your urine, or numbness in your leg...go to the E/R. This is not something to play around with.

Good luck.

Ingrid
  3. mosherpit

mosherpit New Member

THank you Ingrid for you input...I agree that it is more than just physical therapy needed...I will call the dr. this afternoon when I get home ( I work half days) and see if they can refer me. Do you think the neurologist will have to do a new MRI? Hate that tube, had to take a Xanax for this one, but that sure did the trick.