Fry Laboratories? give photos similar to original Bowen test?

Discussion in 'Lyme Disease Archives' started by victoria, Nov 23, 2007.

1. victoria

victoria New Member

Has anyone had blood smears done by Fry laboratories in Scottsdale AZ? It sounds like maybe they are doing something similar to the Bowen Test (which appears to no longer be available), the whole panel is about $495:

"Package Profile (includes Bartonella henselae & quintana IgF & IgM Immunofluorescent Assay, Babesia microti IgF IFA, Ehrlichia chaffeensis IgG, special stain with photo documentation (2 photos), Anti-nuclear Antibody Identification, and Ehrlichia Panel. All positive titers are included in the package."

They also offered just the test that showed photos of infection, not sure if all/any are identified:

"88342 -Stained smear with photo documentation of findings (2 photos)"

Has anyone been tested thru Fry?

Thanks,
    Victoria
  2. munch1958

munch1958 Member

I see Dr C on Dec 12th. I'll ask about this lab. I'd sure like to know what coinfections I have! Pictures would be even better.

Mostly I'd like to have a piece of paper that says POSITIVE. That will get mailed to the 203 idiot doctors who never thought to check for Lyme Disease. They cashed my checks fast enough but didn't check me!
  3. victoria

victoria New Member

did you ever ask your doctor what he knew/thought about this lab?

4. munch1958

munch1958 Member

He doesn't think coinfection testing is worth looking into yet. I'm bummed about it because I want to know for sure!

I still don't even have a positive Lyme test. Don't need that for me but would like to shove it in the faces of the 203 doctors I've seen.

I was also bummed that he won't order an Igenex WB for DH. For my own sanity I'd like to know if horizontal transfer has happened! We were both in the same tent in IN in 2001. Why was I the only one the lucky-tick-sucker picked?