Full SSDI Review at 61

Discussion in 'General Health & Wellness' started by Tango2912, Nov 28, 2012.

1. Tango2912

Tango2912 New Member

I am currently being reviewed at age 61. I have never heard of anyone getting a full review at this age. I was awarded benefits at age 50. Anyone else heard of this? Should I contact my lawyer that helped me the first time or wait until they make a decision?
  2. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

I'm 61 too. About 2 years ago I got a notice fom SS about a possible review, and I filled out their form stating basically I still couldn't work, and then 6 or 8 weeks later got a letter stating they were going to do nothing at this time, and haven't heard from them since,

Is this the stage you're at, or have they already gone past that?

I too think is unusual to get a full review at this age.

Mary
  3. TwoCatDoctors

TwoCatDoctors New Member

I responded to you on the Disability Board where you posted.
  4. Tango2912

Tango2912 New Member

I received a short review about a year ago and never heard anything back, which I thought was odd because I have had two other short reviews. This one is like I am starting over. I wrote more on the disability board about it. I posted originally on here by mistake.

Thanks for answering
  5. MicheleK

MicheleK Moderator

When the recession hit the goverment amped up it's disability reviews. I got a review letter one year after winning my total and profound disability claim. Then I too got another letter telling me that the review of my records was sufficient to prove my ongoing disability.

I don't know if they are systematically going through everyone or not. They were quite lax about doing proper reviews so now the tide has turned. There is never any real balance when things are done. Everything goes like a seesaw. Too lax, too strict, too lax, too strict, and on it goes.