FULLY FAVORABLE RULING

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Iamnotmyillness, Jun 25, 2008.

1. Iamnotmyillness

Iamnotmyillness New Member

Hooray!! I just received notice today. Thank you so much to all of you that gave me advice and encouragement while I waited!! I feel like a kid that just got 4 years of Christmas all at once!
  2. cookie1960

cookie1960 New Member

HOORAY for you. I know the feeling.

~Cookie~
  3. romalaw

romalaw Member

I'm so happy for you. that is wonderful, you will feel even more relief as the weeks go by.
  4. momof4kids68

momof4kids68 New Member

So happy for you!
  5. Iamnotmyillness

Iamnotmyillness New Member

My head is spinning with all the possibilities - being able to have access to good medical care, buying a decent bed, etc. etc. all the stuff that might help us improve.

Rom your info was invaluable!
  6. jole

jole Member

However, do not expect medical assistance for 2 years, if it's like my state, unless you are eligible for SSA (Social Security Assistance) for lower income. I was under the understanding that when you were considered disabled that Medicaid started immediately, but it does not.

At any rate, good for you, and I hope you have a huge back sum coming to you!

Blessings ***Jole***
  7. glenda2

glenda2 New Member

good for you!!!! so happy for you.

glenda
  8. romalaw

romalaw Member

for letting me know my info was helpful, I'm happy I could give back since I gained so much in information and support from this board for my SSDI.

I just received my first check this month. I'm supposed to get my back pay in August. FYI, Since my eligibility was determined to be March 05, my medicare coverage actually goes back to March 07.

What's really helpful is that since I'm 62 and close to retirement age, my disability will just transition into retirement at my diability rate which is much higher than my social security retirement would be.

My husband just retired and my ss earnings aren't that much less than his and he taught for 39 years.

Isn't it great that so many have been fully approved lately? Every time I see a new post that says I WON, I want to raise my arm in the air and yell yes!!
  9. campbeck97

campbeck97 New Member

Terrific news, I am so very happy for you and all of us that has won our disability cases after such a long wait.I recently got my fully favorable letter also and thet have already taken out the money for medicare part B and said to use the letter as proof if I needed medical care before receiving my medicare card.So I dont think you will have a waiting peroid for medicare, of course my date of diability went back to 2003. Relax and spoil your self.. you deserve it!!A major stress is behind you.
  10. BlueSky555

BlueSky555 New Member

Congratulations on your fully favorable decision. May I ask what you received it on? I'm getting nervous; I know that my hearing should be coming up soon. Also, I see more people with fully favorable decisions now than I did when I first discovered this board; which is a wonderful place to be.

Thank you and again, congratulations,

BlueSky
  11. gapsych

gapsych New Member

Wow, that is two posts I have read today.

How glorious.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Take care,

GA
  12. gapsych

gapsych New Member

Wow, that is two posts I have read today.

How glorious.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Take care,

GA