Fully Favorable

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by pattyholland, Aug 28, 2008.

1. pattyholland

pattyholland New Member

Hi, Just got my letter in the mail today.........yeahhhhh

I am approved, the only thing I dont understand is he didnt say anything in the letter about my fibro.

I did have 2 brain annies colied, tumor removed from carotid artery, copd, and primary pulonary hypertension.

Dont know why he didnt say anying about fibro.

He is going back when I first filed....2006

I wish all of you that are going threw these tough times the best of luck and also dont give up!!!!!!!!!

[This Message was Edited on 08/28/2008]
  2. BlueSky555

BlueSky555 New Member

Congratulations on your "fully favorable" decision. I'm so happy for you. It didn't take the entire 8 weeks, did it? (I didn't do the math, lol).

Well, I hope to be hearing something very soon. My hearing was 14 days later but being in another state, it may be a longer wait but I hope not.

Again, I'm so happy for you. I hope it won't take long for you to begin receiving payment.

3. momof4kids68

momof4kids68 New Member

I'm so glad for you.

When I got my award letter, the first feeling was of disbelieve and then it was a huge sigh of relief!

Take care!

4. pattyholland

pattyholland New Member

Your right it would be 7 weeks today....

How long did it take for you to start getting your backpay?

I wish you the best of luck Bluesky!!!!!

I think I am in shock it really hasnt set in yet.....

5. momof4kids68

momof4kids68 New Member

ARGH!! My hearing was in May. I got my award letter in June. My first monthly payment was Aug 27th but I haven't heard anything about the backpay yet. I also haven't heard from them regarding benefits for my children. When I called today, they said the Payment Center was processing everything.

Some people have written that they got their backpay before their monthly check began. Others wrote that they got their backpay before they got the award letter. I guess every state handles it differently.

Oh well, at least we got it!! I feel bad for all the others that have to continue fighting for theirs and those that are still waiting to hear.

Can I ask what you were approved for? Mine was approved for Fibromyalgia (that was the first illness the judge approved) then Severe Obstructive Sleep Apnea, Bilateral Degenerative Knee Joint Disease, Major Depression and Post Traumatic Stress Disorder.

6. pattyholland

pattyholland New Member

Just talked to my att. has anyone ever heard of a 5 month waiting perod?

Judge said I was disabled June 22 2006..... atty says back pay will start from dec 2006.

Dont get me wrong I am still so happy...just never heard of that before.

7. gapsych

gapsych New Member

I bet you feel like a weight has been lifted from your shoulders.

8. kitteejo

kitteejo Member

I envy you but am so happy to hear you good news. I'm just getting started with my filing so I've go the long haul ahead of me.

Your good news helps other know that the fight is worth it.

Best to you,

9. pattyholland

pattyholland New Member

Hi, I justed wanted to say thanks to all and yes it is worth the fight..

yes it does feel like a weight has been lifted off of me, but ofcorse be even better when I get my first check...

10. deb_46

deb_46 New Member

I'm so happy for you and glad the wait is over.

11. wildflowers2

wildflowers2 New Member

5 months is normal...

I have my second hearing either this year or beginning of next year.

SO glad you won..good to see good news for a change!!!!!!
  12. BlueSky555

BlueSky555 New Member

Hi patty,

I have heard something about the 5 month waiting period. This is at the beginning, right? I filed July 2005 which will make December 2005 the beginning period, I think.

Heck, I just want an answer, lol. I hope it won't be long before you get your first check or backpay.

13. pattyholland

pattyholland New Member

Yes, Dec. will be your start for getting backpay.

I didnt know anything about all of that till yesterday.

like you said getting any aswer will be the best thing right now.

A S.S. lady told mine is being work one right now..She said if I havent heard anything in 60 days to call her back.

Atleast I know now that it is money in the back now.......LOL

Hope everyone on here gets approved!!!!!!