Fun Game: Name That Vegetable

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by LittleBluestem, Mar 12, 2011.

1. LittleBluestem

LittleBluestem New Member

I am thinking of a green leafy vegetable. It is lighter green in color, more dense, and frillier that spinach. Can you name it?
  2. LittleBluestem

Actually, I have it in my parents' refrigerator. I bought it at the out-of-town grocery store where I go the get things that I cannot get locally. It was not on my shopping list. I bought it because it was on sale. I need to look up some recipes to find out how to use it, but I cannot remember what it is. This has been going on for several days. All I can think is 'Swiss chard', which I know very well it is not. When I remember what it is, I will probably forget what Swiss chard is.
  3. Beadlady

Beadlady Member

[This Message was Edited on 03/13/2011]
  4. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

mustard green?
  5. bct

bct Active Member

I vote for kale too, specifically curly kale.

6. LittleBluestem

It is kale. It could well be curly kale. I don't think the sign at the grocery store was that specific.

Now I can find a recipe for it. I remember having a soup recipe that used kale, but I don't remember what else went in and have no idea where the recipe is.
  7. LittleBluestem

I would love to see the recipe. By the time I had forgotten what the kale was, I doubt that I could have found the grocery list. I shop for both myself and my parents. I pay for my parents' stuff separately, even if I am getting things for both of us at the same store. To avoid a proliferation of register receipts, I throw them away unless I think there a chance that I will have to return something.
  8. LittleBluestem

I will have to omit the onion, garlic, and red chili pepper for Mother. I will add some chicken. I hope I can find some cannelloni beans at the local grocers, otherwise it will have garbanzo beans.