functional assessment anxiety/cooling spray

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by fmman, Mar 28, 2003.

1. fmman

fmman New Member

hi all,
    has anyone heard of a spray that you use during flare ups that cools the area and nerves that allow you to stretch the muscles. The book I'm reading recommends this but my doctor isn't familiar with it.

Also, my insurance company is making me complete a two day functional assessment. I don't know what to expect and my anxiety is rising to all new levels!! Has anyone been through this?? What's it all about? any info would be so helpful. Thanks eh
    [This Message was Edited on 03/29/2003]
  2. Hippo

Hippo New Member

I have had that cooling spray used on me, and yes, it helps, but it is temporary. I have no idea where they get it; I am surprised your doctor isn't familiar with it. I had it used on me back in 1982, so I know it is not something new.

I have not had a functional assessment test; however, I have heard of it. From what I understand, you will be sore afterwards but you will not die from it, LOL. Maybe rest up beforehand and don't schedule any activities for a few days after. I may have to go through one for my divorce, but so far I have just had a vocational evaluation (just written tests) and I will have a rheumatological exam. Hoping I don't have to have the functional assessment, but we'll see. I wish you luck.

Hippo