Functional Capability Test (LTD)

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by scarletstang, Sep 22, 2008.

1. scarletstang

scarletstang New Member

Has anyone had a FC test by an insurance company? I'm assuming something like I had for SSDI. I feel like this is nothing but a folly to deny me benefits. I have multiple health problems including fibro.
  2. scarletstang

scarletstang New Member

both for your helpful information. I know I could get someone independent to do the FCT, but I don't really know how to go about finding that kind of doctor. I'll keep reading.
  3. petemora

petemora Member

I had a functional capacity evaluation last month, for my LTD insurance company. They scheduled it for a Monday and Tuesday, mornings, 30 miles away. My husband drove me to and from the appointments.

The physical therapist administered the test from 8 a.m. until noon. I actually got done early both days, around 10:00 or 10:30 a.m.

I felt terrible after the first day and even worse after the second day. By the third day, I could hardly walk. The physical therapist had absolutely no sympathy or empathy or anything for me. In fact, he asked me what was I going to do after the test, go shopping, etc.

Coincidentally, the following week I had an appointment to see my doctor and told him what had happened. When he received the results of the FCE, he called me personally and told me I had "failed" the test, i.e. they found that I am able to work. My doctor does not agree with them.

My LTD insurance company has paid me benefits for 3 years. I am waiting to hear from them, probably that they will cancel my benefits.

I originally applied for Social Security benefits in November 2005. I finally had a hearing this past January and was denied. My case is with the appeals council.

I reapplied for Social Security in July.

I have a really good disability attorney lined up in case I need one for either or both the LTD benefits or Social Security.

Oh, well, life goes on....