Functional Manual Therapy - FMT - anyone tried ?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia and ME & Chronic Fatigue Syndrome' started by deepak, Apr 22, 2013.

1. deepak

deepak Member

Has anyone tried FMT - of Functional Manual Therapy - for aches and pains? Apparently it is some USA based thing which has recently opened in India.

Very expensive for Indian standards but seems attractive.

With love,
    Deepak
  2. ameilie73

ameilie73 Member

Hi, i tried searching online, and it brought up physiotherapy, and manual manipulation therapy, and it brought up more questions so i researched them and then i thought, what am i doing? So..deep breath....What is it? Lol.

Many Thanks

Oh and what condition wascyou looking for it to be useful for if you have one?
    Im kind of newish here

Ameile
  3. deepak

deepak Member

Hey,

I am taking the FMT treatment to help very tight neck and pectoral muscles which are pulling my body to one side - I must say I am quite impressed with the first session I had.

It originated from USA but I do not know where in USA its there but the site for its indian center is www.vardan.in

:)

With love,
    Deepak
  4. ameilie73

ameilie73 Member

More questions.... What do they actually do? Do they look to see how you body is out of balance and use physiotherapy and manipulations, posture correction? Be nice if you elaborate actually on the session. Im not from america im in england, i wondered if it was similar to what they do in our active back programmes.

Ihave a tiled pelvis which has put the rest of me out of shape. Its family inherited. I had physios try to manipulate that back caused me alot of pain but i think thats because i was born with it. I think its tilted because one side is larger. But it does affect my whole posture, i dont think it helps the tight muscles in fibro having the inbalance. You can seecthat one shoulder sits forward and one sits back. Can feel it in my ribs. I think i understand what you are saying. I was told that most people have a tendency to slump which can cause the pects to shorten, the back to arch, instead of expanding there chests, that doesnt help on top of fibro which tightens muscle. I get terrible pain in my neck like you, and my shoulder blades and lower back.

Yeah so id like to know some more about your session.

Also have or has anyone ever had cranial sacral therapy.

Many thanks

Ameile
  5. deepak

deepak Member

It seems to me like a mixture of osteopathy and chiropractice and some of their own methods- but basically similar to what you said - but they say they can help some of the worst cases which regular physios cannot.

The description you gave is interesting - I also sometimes feel my pelvis may have become a bit tilted and hence makes me feel misaligned.

Lets see how this treatment goes, Will keep you posted
  6. ameilie73

ameilie73 Member

Yes please keep me posted

Ameile