funding for FM therapy?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by nammyjewels, Feb 16, 2010.

  1. nammyjewels

    nammyjewels New Member

    I have been diagnosed with FM and my Dr. gave me a script for a theraputic hot tub. I am wondering if anyone has any info on grants or something like that to help cover the cost? I have medicare, and according to them they dont cover a home hot tub. And there is no-one in my area that has any hot water therapy. help!!
  2. AuntTammie

    AuntTammie New Member

    The only thing I can think of that might work is if you have a hospital based fitness center that also has physical therapy at the center located somewhere near where you live, they may have a hot tub and/or warm water pool and then you could possibly get coverage thru PT and ask your therapist about doing that kind of therapy

    medicare will cover PT, but they won't cover most alternative treatments....however, if the hot tub is part of PT, it would probably be covered

    medicare does not even cover shower chairs and other assistance types of devices for a home bathroom (& those are quite obviously necessary)
    [This Message was Edited on 02/17/2010]
  3. FibroFay

    FibroFay New Member

    Do you have a United Way Agency where you live? I'm in PA. I had a neighbor who needed a roll-in shower (she used a wheelchair) and United Way provided the funds to pay for it. That might be one possibility.

    Good Luck! If you can get it paid for, would you please post and let us know how? I'm sure there are others who have similiar needs.


[ advertisement ]