FUNG SHAI ?? Anyone into this, my mom is now & gave me a book but

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by saphire27, Mar 4, 2006.

1. saphire27

saphire27 New Member

I can't really get into it like she does, she has the money to do her house and surroundings like it says to, but i don't.

just not sure what to make of it yet...
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Doesn't require money; it requires placing ones objects in a way which balances and directs energy (Chi). There are two schools of Feng Shui, the older compass method and the newer Bagua method. I use the Bagua which is like a pie chart which one lays over one's home blueprint. One can just do the Bagua in a room or even on one's desk. Just parts of rooms can be done.

My condo is not the best layout for the Bagua so I have done it in each room. In most rooms, I only accent one area but I have a sitting room which has been completely Feng Shui'ed. It is the most pleasant room in the place.

The only cost involved might be a colored candle or if one wants, a wealth jar. If one has negative neighbors or some negative energy outside the home, one can buy a Bagua mirror to hang up and reflect the bad energy. I have one in front to deflect the energy of a couple of mean neighbors across the street and another on the side of the building to deflect the noise from the swimming pool. I had to send for the mirrors. Funny thing, I noticed that there was less negative energy before I got the mirrors. I went down to the mail boxes and there they were. I could swear they were already working just by being on the property in our condo village. People who come into my condo immediately feel the good energy here.

Intent is the strongest thing in Feng Shui. Each section of the Bagua has an associated color and element. Symbolism is a very important part of Feng Shui. You can put a purple candle in the wealth center for more abundance. You can put some coins in a jar. I have a purple and red candle which has a Chinese coin hanging on it. Wedding pictures are great in the relationship area as well as thing which come in pairs. The health area is in the center of the room and the color is yellow.

We have a woman here who writes a column on Feng Shui and does workshops. I don't want to spend the money to go as I've had excellent results just using a Bagua I got off the internet and a book.

You don't need to start out big. Just read the material and apply it to one area of the house. If your home has bad vibes now, burn some incense with the windows open and cleanse your home of all negativity. One usually burns sage to do this, but I haven't found it and don't want to spend the money to do it. Incense has been used for cleansing for eons.

Give it a try and let us know if it works for you.

Love, Mikie
  3. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

hired a Chinese atty. First thing he did was have his desk moved so it didn't face the doorway.
  4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

It's really instinctive. Start noticing how you feel in different environments. Is one room more inviting than another? Is there too much energy in the bedroom to foster good sleep?

When I was looking at houses in GA lately, the realtor and I entered a house which had a wall immediately in front of us. Both of us instinctively recoiled and felt blocked. It was bad Feng Shui and we both physically felt it. The house was in a new neighborhood with no trees. We both felt the effect of such a barren landscape. We drove into the next, older neighborhood which was lush with foilage and we both let out a sigh of relief at the same time.

I need energy during the day, so I have left my walls and high ceiling white in the open living/dining/kitchen areas. I accent with color. I have maroon swag top treatment over the sliding glass doorway to the lanai. The lanai has white walls and white tile so I added some green plants to slow down the Chi. Inside, I use heavy furniture to balance the high energy from the high white walls.

The other rooms are painted because I use them to relax or work and need less energy zinging around. I have found Feng Shui to be most useful in feeling good in my own space and that's what it's all about.

Love, Mikie

5. victoria

victoria New Member

I've looked at some books about Feng Shui and have seen some contradictory material it seems...

do you have any suggestions as to what books are best, more authoritative? or are there different schools of thought on it?

Thanks,
    Victoria

PS: LOL, I was browsing thru some cards the other day, saw a Maxine card, can't remember the exact wording, but she was complaining that nature didn't know a thing about feng shui obviously as all her body parts had become disarranged...
  6. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

It's called, "Chic Living With Feng Shui," by Sharon Stasney. I like it better than any of the others I've seen. I always read the newspaper column and I've looked things up online.

As I mentioned, there are two schools of thought on this and that may be where the confusion is coming in. You really can't mix the techniques. You have to pick one and stick with it. I like the Bagua method myself. You can just do a few things and don't have to necessarily get deep into it but I find the more I learn, the more I enjoy it.

When I was wrestling with healing and trying to remember who I really am as a person instead of letting these illnesses define me, I used Feng Shui and I know it has helped. I have never displayed my diploma or various certificates for achievement, except my sales awards in my office when I worked. I decided to take the Fame and Reputation area in my little home office and hang these things up. I framed them and matted them all in navy and gold and clustered them on the wall. I'm so glad I did. It enhances my sense of self and they look so nice on the wall instead of rotting in some drawer.

For me, my home has always been my haven away from the world. This has never been more important than since I got sick. One of the basics of Feng Shui is to declutter and I find that the most helpful. Now, if I can just get some energy to finish decluttering :)

Love, Mikie