Funny,but not so funny

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by poeticbobbi, Apr 23, 2007.

1. poeticbobbi

poeticbobbi New Member

It is beautiful out today and I was out running some errands and the weirdest thing happened.As my daugther and I were walking thru the parking lot to the store we noticed a very nice white jeep with the windows down and radio loud.The jeep was slowly backing out of the parking lot.Trouble is, there was NO driver!! Really, the jeep was driving on its own.I quickly ran into the store to ask if anyone owned a jeep out in the lot and a man said yes.So I said "well it is leaving the parking lot in reverse."The man responded " you got to be kidding", as he ran out to stop it.Thankfully no one was hurt and the jeep successfully backed out onto the street and parked itself perfectly by the curb.It was pretty funny after it was over,
  2. clerty

clerty New Member

lol now its back he he
  3. fivesue

fivesue New Member

I can just picture it. It can be funny because no one was hurt nor was any damage done. You must have been shocked to look again and see no one in the car. How about your daughter? What did she think?

Thanks for sharing. A true miracle, acutally.

Sue
  4. poeticbobbi

poeticbobbi New Member

When I first posted I had the wrong icon so I had to delete and re-do.
    Didn't want you guys to think Im nuts with the birthday icon.
    Lol
  5. clerty

clerty New Member

i thought i was going nuts

6. poeticbobbi

poeticbobbi New Member

My daugther is twenty and so unconcerned she was gonna just watch the jeep to see where it would go.Before I started to run into the store I had to make sure I wasn't losing my mind.It was so weird cause we actually heard the jeep when it put itself into gear.
  7. fivesue

fivesue New Member

She sounds like a youngster..."Let's watch and see what happens!"

I think the man should really take his Jeep into a transmission shop! No car should "put itself" in gear.

Very weird, but a good diversion for me.

Thanks again for sharing. Life is very unpredictable, isn't it?

(-:
    Sue
  8. Juloo

Juloo Member

I've heard of that happening, but I've never seen it first hand, and never heard it reported by someone who has. Thank goodness you were thinking quickly and alerted the owner!

I live in a small town, and sometimes things are really slow. Today, the excitement was: a tree just toppled right over and covered one lane of a five-lane street. There were three policemen, all their cars had blinking lights (I mean, what else are they going to do around here?), and a bunch of maintenance men standing around and cranking up the wood chipper they'd parked nearby. The afternoon traffic was backed up a whole 10 cars -- practically a parade around here! And, of course, everyone drove by really slowly (including myself) so we've got fuel for the water-cooler talk tomorrow! That's excitement around here...not even close to yours!
    [This Message was Edited on 04/23/2007]
  9. suexi

suexi New Member

that is hilarious... and kinda spooky at the same time.. somebody above was making sure nobody got hurt.