FUNNY CUTE KIDS & ANIMALS, VOL. 2

Discussion in 'Homebound/Bedbound' started by rockgor, Oct 10, 2017.

1. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Babies: Human and Canine.

We go together
    Like rama lama lama ka dinga da dinga dong
    Remembered forever
    As shoobop sha wadda wadda yippity boom de boom
    Chang chang changitty chang shoobop
    That's the way it should be, wha oooh, yeah

From "Grease".

Rock
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2017
    hangininthere likes this.
  2. rockgor

Hi Patti

I forgot I started this thread. Land O Goshen! I just looked at 6 or 7 videos, but didn't
    really find any that were suitable for our thread.

BTW you know where the Land of Goshen is? It's in Egypt near the Nile delta. The Land of
    Nod is East of Eden. Good things to know if you're ever on Jeopardy.

Rock
  3. hangininthere

hangininthere Well-Known Member

I haven't run across any new vids to post, either.

I about get a headache whenever I watch Jeopardy, hahaha. The questions are too hard for me. Hub used to watch it every day, and when my 9 and 10 year old step-kids came to live with us, I was impressed that they got more answers right than me.

Speaking of the Land of Nod, reminds me of this lullaby, with Buffy Sainte-Marie.

And here's another lovely song I just ran across, it came on after the Wynken, Blynken and Nod vid.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2017
    gb66 likes this.
  4. rockgor

Hi Kiddo

I used to watch Jeopardy now and then. I thought Alex Trebek was the dullest man on TV.
    There was an article about him in the news a year or two ago. In the comments from readers
    one gal said, "He's the smartest man on TV".

When I was a kid we had a book of poems by Eugene Fields who wrote Wynken, Blynken and Nod as well as lots of other verses for kids. The phrase used by Ken Kesey "One Flew Over the Cukoo's Nest" was taken from one of his poems. He used to live in Oregon. My brother the park ranger visited him one time at his farm. Didn't have much of a visit though as Ken was
    just leaving on a trip. Well, Ken took a lot of trips.

The title of his second novel "Sometimes A Great Notion" comes from the old song that
    the Weavers popularized: Goodnight, Irene."

In the days when I had my record collection I had an album by Buffy St. Marie. "The
    Universal Soldier" was on that disc.

Rock
    gb66 and hangininthere like this.
  5. hangininthere

6. rockgor

Hi Patti

Great balls of incompetence. That video is hilarious. Kinda like an old Charlie Chaplin or
    Buster Keaton film. It's also horrifying. I had no idea that riding a stretcher was so dangerous.

I looked at several videos yesterday. Found some that I liked, but I think they are too long
    to post here. Also saw some where the caretakers weren't doing a good job; maybe the little
    kids got hurt. I'll keep looking.

Hope things are good at your hacienda. I just woke up from a nap. Gordon is downstairs
    making two kinds of soup. We are going to the Pasadena library tomorrow. That's about
    15 miles. Nowadays we seldom go farther than that. Our traveling days are over.

Rock
    gb66 and hangininthere like this.
  7. hangininthere

8. rockgor

Hey! You found two charming videos. That little girl is precious. As for the little boy, he
    plays so well I wonder if there is trickery involved. Maybe he's really a ventriloquist.

Isn't it great that we have Youtube. I read that it was founded by a few folks who used to
    work at PayPal. Google bought it a few years ago.

Rock
  9. gb66

gb66 Well-Known Member

Speaking of Alex Trebek. I've been watching old reruns of $25,000 Pyramid and I am trying to figure out how Dick Clark kept his job. He makes so many mistakes on every show. Of course, this has nothing to do with Alex T. but it made me think of Dick C. Ok, that's all. GB
    hangininthere and rockgor like this.
  10. rockgor

Hi GB

Been missing you. Come back when you feel up to it. I don't remember much about
    Dick Clark except seeing him on American Bandstand after school when he was young,
    and I was even younger.

I once read that Alex Trebek was born in Serbia, and his name was originally Bertek Laex.
    Eventually I figured out it was a joke, and Bertek Laex is an anagram.

Hugs
    Rock
    upload_2017-10-21_16-14-39.jpeg
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2017
    gb66 likes this.
  11. hangininthere

Love YouTube.

The brief memory I have of American Bandstand is when I was little - I was sitting on the living room floor playing with my toys and my mom was vacuuming while it was on.

Hub plays us tons of music videos on YouTube on our T.V., including some American Bandstands. Wow, will have to have him play some $25,000 Pyramid shows to see mistakes, yikes.

Child prodigies are mind-boggling.

Ryan Wang at 9 years of age performed at Singapore Victoria Concert Hall on 23 June 2017 at a Musical Gala in celebration of Chung Ling High School Centenary.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2017
    gb66 likes this.
  12. rockgor

Great videos, Patti. I had not heard of Emily Bear.

The song she wrote for her teacher reminded me of the kind of songs that showed up in
    movies from the 1930's and 4o's such as: I'll be Seeing you, As Time Goes By, I Remember You, Bewitched, Bothered and Bewildered and September Song.

Rock
  13. rockgor

Hi Patti and GB

I'm still looking for some videos to post. Not much going on here. Just went out and gave the
    feral cat some kibble and fresh water. I have to bundle up so the fierce bugs won't bite me.
    Don't know what they are, but they bite like mosquitoes on steroids.

Hope you guys are doing OK.

Rock
  14. hangininthere

Dang, wonder what those are that are biting you. Could you spray insect repellant all over yourself and clothes? Try that, although it's poisonous and stinky.

Same old same old here at my casa. In other words - stress, stress, stress.

Well, that's all the cheeriness I can muster up at the moment. LOL

Good to hear from you.

Hi to GB, too.

Patti
    gb66 and rockgor like this.
  15. gb66

gb66 Well-Known Member

Hi Rock and Patti. I haven't been on much. I've been feeling down a lot lately and trying to deal with lots of stress. I hope to think of some games to post in the near future. I've missed you guys! We are all hanging in there these days. lol Hugs, GB
  16. rockgor

Hi GB

Sorry you're feeling "dauncy" to use Lucy's grandmother's word. Actually most of us
    probably feel worse than dauncy aka "lousy". Too bad there aren't some new episodes
    of Lucy and Ricky. The whole country needs cheering up.

I just woke up after a long nap. Didn't do much today. Fed the cat. Posted here. Read a
    book. Watched some TV. Tried to write to my old aunt, but didn't get anywhere with that.

I was only outside for a minute, Patti. Happy to report no new bites. Too bad I can't import
    a mild Minnesota snowfall. I 'spect that would get rid of the vicious monsters. The last
    few weeks have reminded me of those cheesy Japanese monster films from the 50s.

Hugs, Kids
    Rock
  17. rockgor

Last edited: Nov 4, 2017
  18. hangininthere

19. rockgor

Hi Patti

I don't think that kid lost it. I think the the message was conveyed very well. "Oh!"

Here is Anke Chen, 6 years old, from China. I don't know who the other people in
    the video are.

Rock

20. hangininthere