Funny news healines

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by caffey, Dec 10, 2006.

1. caffey

caffey New Member

It is Sun. afternoon. I am in a weird mood, coming down on the prednisone, thinking about taking some breakthrough meds. I went to sign off and noticed these 2 headlines on my home page. They really struck me as funny. I don't know if anyone else thinks so. Maybe it is a blonde thing or a Canadian things eh? So here goes.
    This is from CBC news
    1.Hospitals eye prostate surgery. My question is when did the prostate become part of the eye? lol lol.
    2. Health ministers plead for funds to meet wait time guarantees. Does that mean that we get it free ater waithing 30 min.
    Like I say maybe it is just me thinking they are funny. It doesn't take much to amuse me on a Sun. afternoon.
  2. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

It's not just you, those would have struck me as funny too.

Nancy B
  3. Greenbean7

Greenbean7 New Member

Thanks, Cath! I'm always seeing something that strikes me funny and other people just don't get it!

I thought maybe the wait time guarantee was a guarantee that you would have to wait!

My fav was on the radio about 10 years ago. I live in a small town, less than 10,000 people and we don't usually have a lot of news come from here, but that year there was a rape. I don't think there is ANYTHING funny about rape so please don't get me wrong, but the radio announcer reading the headlines said:

"Rape of 14 year old keeps Sunnyside police department busy all afternoon."

They couldn't possibly have realized what they said!

Stop and smell the puppies!
  4. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

A gang of robbers broke into a lawyer's club by mistake. The old legal lions gave them a fight for their life and their money.

The gang was very happy to escape. "It ain't so bad," one crook noted. "We got $25 between us."

The boss screamed: "I warned you to stay clear of lawyers ... we had $100 when we broke in!"

My original post vanished so am substituting the above.
  5. Pottersclay

Pottersclay New Member

Car comes up missing at a mall. Police find it parked behind the mall. After waiting a bit a man dressed as Santa comes out and gets into the stolen car. You think if he wanted to steal a car he would have taken it farther away than behind the mall/plaza! Duhhhh!