Funny story about Twy trying to run away

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ckball, Jun 26, 2008.

1. ckball

ckball New Member

Hi everyone I know I haven't been posting alot lately, I'm lucky to get to the porch these days but I have been working on my yard and it is coming along.But I do come and try to read when I can.

Last night I went to Wally's and since my mom died and now that it is hot the girls don't get to go with me as much. They love to go in the car.

So I rolled the windows to a little more than half way up and it was around 8:30 so the sun was down. I was in there less than 30 minutes to pick things for a picnic I am going to tonight.

As I approched my car I hear Missy barking and I came around the car and told her to hush and then saw a lady standing on the other side of the car next to me, she said "is that your dog?' and I said yes then saw she had a dog as it's head popped up and figured Missy was barking at her dog.

Nope it was Twy standing on top of the car next to me! The little Houdini worked her way out of the window, I drive a Jeep so it is not a short jump.

She just walked over and wagged her tail like all was fine. Silly girl. I asked how long she had been there and it was only a few minutes but stayed to make sure she wouldn't run away. I thanked her said if there is a way for her to get out she will find it.

One time I was visiting someone on a farm and the girls were left to go as they pleased because my family didn't let the dogs in the house. Her SIL was cutting grass with a big rider and we went about our visit. Twy does not like mowers and the like.

A little while later I went out to the car to get my laptop and there was Twy IN the car, the windows were down but how she jumped that high and got in amazed me, but wasn't happy when I saw all the scratch marks on the side of my door. Dogs they can be a handful sometime,lol.

When a worker came to my house the other day, Missy jumped in their van before they could get out like "come on mom never takes us anywhere anymore",lol. That is why I decided to take them last night.

I just want to share to maybe make someone smile or laugh at my girls antics. I do have to say I am never bored and pray for it sometimes,lol.

I hope everyone is doing well and those that live in the midwest and the west coast are safe and not affected by the floods and the fires-Carla
  2. fibromickster

fibromickster New Member

They are the funniest doggies. It is almost like having 2 kids. LOL

Thanks for putting a smile on my face by sharing your story. I am so glad you have your 2 little furry friends.

3. sisland

sisland New Member

Your TWY sounds like a very clever Girl!Cute how she just decided to stay on top of the car next to yours!,,,,I hear you about the funny things they do that keep us entertained!,,,,,What would we do without them! they are such an important part of our lives!

i'd be lost without My Lucky Dog!,,He always pretends that he's going to run away from me when were out on the trails and at the Ball field,,,etc,,,all i have to do is say "MaMa's going Bye Bye" and he comes barreling back to the Car!,,,,Love all your posts and photos of where you live!,,,it's a gorgeous Place!
  4. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

you know we used to have the same issues. TWY is so funny. Good job she was OK.

What we did in the end was to buy those expandable screens you can get in all sizes, and actually screwed them to the car window frame inside so we could leave the windows down and no escapees!!!

We did this when we were travelling 9 days across country with two dogs and four cats!!! Yikes!!!

Your dogs certainly keep you on your tows. I was watching her counting last night on your utube! Cute!

Love Annie
  5. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Well-Known Member

it is like have two little children when you have animals espcially those that love to act like them. Twy, is definatly one that acts like them. You never know what they are going to think of next or do.

Carla - thanks for the cute story of Twy's "escape(s)"

Hugs to you and those "children" of yours,

6. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

she should be called Houdini, Carla.

A very clever little girl.

7. Marta608

Marta608 Member

Cute story, Carla. I'm glad Twy was all right. I sure wouldn't want to take her far from home, though......

8. ckball

ckball New Member

I love my girls and things really have gotten better for us about who is in charge. I have had more time with them and I have been more calm and relaxed and at peace with my life.

It has been during this time I noticed the change going on and I have a e-collar that beeps or zaps at different levels.

I hate tying them up and they would chase 4 wheelers and such if I didn't. But this week has been different and it has turned a corner.

They are good dogs and such funny personalilties. Twy just came up on the couch and wants to lay her head on the laptop. I thing that is a hint,lol. It is thundering, I was sitting outside watching it dry lightening awhile ago, so cool.

Anyway thanks for reading and glad I made you smile-Carla
  9. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

You know the girls don't want to run away. They just like a little adventure now and then.

Kinda like people.

10. monica33flowers

monica33flowers New Member

OMG, I can just imagine the look on that ladies face when she saw Twy. Our pets are the best therapy for us and they are so smart. My neighbor just got a puppy and she is the cutest little thing and such a little smarty pants. I'm now called aunt Monica. LOL.

Give Twy and Missy a kiss from me --- they are such good girls.