Funny Story

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by abcanada, Jan 10, 2007.

1. abcanada

abcanada New Member

Today I thought my doc's appointment was at 1:45. Well I was wrong, something made me check the card they gave me & I had misread it-it was for 11:45. It was 11:36 when I figuerd this out. I had my nanny this am, and did a mad dash out the door when my docs office told me I'd have to get there in 25 minutes or she wouldn't be able to see me today. My mad dash included grabbing my coat & purse, forgetting my mittens & hat(wind chill was -35 here today). As I stepped out the door the bus was coming up the street, I was waving at it like a lunatic! Great service, being picked up on my front lawn. I had a bit of a walk, so I frozen on the way there, but was able to buy a hat & mittens for $4.00 at the Superstore which is right beside her office-Thank God. She must also think I'm a lunatic, as I hadn't brushed my hair & had a dirty light colored sweat shirt on. All for pain meds. That's how desperate I was not to go another 24 hours with no relief. Funny now, but let me tell you I was not a happy camper earlier. Laura
  2. elliespad

elliespad Member

You dun GOOD. And good they see you looking dishevled now and then.
  3. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

are a big nuisance. Just found a message on my machine reminding me of my 8:00 AM appointment tomorrow.

But it's at 11:00 AM. Why do they call at the end of the day? And why does the gal leave the phone number w/ the speed of summer lightning?

Does she think I'm a speed listener?

I'll just go at 11 and see what happens. No matter when you get there you have to wait anyway.
  4. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

Hubby and I woke up to the alarm at 5:00 am yesterday morning. He even took the morning off of work for me to take me to my Endo appt.

The lady clearly said it was on Wed. Jan 11th!!! I even wrote it down on the paperwork to prove it.

It was about 7:30 (as we were getting ready to walk out the door) when I realized I had written a check for my daughter's college class the day before and written 1-9-07. Duh????? (I never write checks anymore, maybe 2 a year)

So this morning I'll finally go to my Endo appt. Hubby was able to take this morning off too after just being late yesterday......

And I think I posted my date for the appt on the To Do List and no one else caught it either, lol!

Nancy B
  5. abcanada

abcanada New Member

I guess we've all been there in some form or another. I'm sure my dooc was behind just having me in yesterday as I take alot of time(usually 1 hour). She came back in after writing my prescriptions chewing up a mouthful of food. I bet I made her feel comfortable the way I looked! Take care, Laura
  6. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

sometimes can't even write the correct appointment dates dwon.

Laura, your son and daughter are absolutely beautiful, what a couple of little sweethearts.